• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Portuges Boots V Trainers

scubajunky

HI All, everyone has been so helpful, one last question Walking boots goretex v Trainers for the camino P and then santiago to Muxia ?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
You do not need boots for the Camino Portuguese.
It is a long walk, not a mountain hike.
Unless you have really weak ankles or unless you are a boot person who has a pair of VERY well broken in boots, stick to trainers.
Goretex does not work for me. 6 to 8 hours of walking causes my feet to sweat and goretex holds in the moisture, causing blisters.
I'm not arguing with anyone, just saying that is MY experience.
Your feet do not get as wet as you may imagine and if they DO get wet, trainers will dry overnight easily.
Just wear a good trainer with some nice tread and you'll be fine.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I wore hiking sandals the whole CP way. After experimenting, I found that socks and sandals were the most comfortable--people along the route did ask one or another of us (there were three of us walking) if we (or at least I) were German. Must be a stereotypical trait, wha?! ;)(Since Sebastian, one of my Camingos, IS German, he got a great kick out of people asking him if I was!)
I found the sandals worked for me, though I don't think anything much less floating above the ground, would take the stress off of anyone's feet after walking on cobblestone roads day after day after day.
Enjoy your CP walk! It's a fantastic Camino!

Last edited:
Make sure whatever you wear has a substantial sole, as PEI-Heather says, the cobblestones are a killer!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back