• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Portugues May 2022

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Bom Caminho @Frankybaby66! I did the Coastal section and it was an amazing journey!
May the road rise to meet you,
May the wind be always at your back,
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand!
Ultreīa!

Buen Camino!
If you'd like, you can add yourself to the list of those starting in May by clicking here.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
We walked in may 2018 and it was 100° + every day. By 1:00 pm it was to hot to walk any farther. Fires in the mountains but beautiful walk. Did learn to hate cobblestone.
Enjoy!
Bom Caminho!

Hi all, myself and friend fly into Porto on 6th May. Start out on 7th May. We plan on taking Coastal Route out of Porto, before heading inland at Vila do Conde to pick up the Central Route:):cool:
My sister and I will be starting on the coastal route on May 7 as well. We wont be leaving too early as were only going to Matosinhos the first day. Well be crossing inland at Vila do Conde on the 3rd day. We’ll be taking our time on the coast😎

Hi all, myself and friend fly into Porto on 6th May. Start out on 7th May. We plan on taking Coastal Route out of Porto, before heading inland at Vila do Conde to pick up the Central Route:):cool:
My wife and I will be doing the same, leaving Porto on the 7th of May. Walking to Matosinhos as well the first day (starting out slow and taking our time). We were thinking of walking along the coast to Caminha and turning inland from there. Probably see you out there. Bom Caminho!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Getting very excited at starting my first Camino from Valenca/Tui on 11 May walking with 2 friends. Lots of preparation done and lots of information gained from this site.

My friend Sarah and I are doing that same route starting April 29th. Bon Camino!

My sister and I will be starting on the coastal route on May 7 as well. We wont be leaving too early as were only going to Matosinhos the first day. Well be crossing inland at Vila do Conde on the 3rd day. We’ll be taking our time on the coast😎
We'll maybe see you on the trail then! We plan on going through to Labruge the first day, but will see how the mood (and our fitness!) takes us🍷 Bom Caminho

We walked in may 2018 and it was 100° + every day. By 1:00 pm it was to hot to walk any farther. Fires in the mountains but beautiful walk. Did learn to hate cobblestone.
Enjoy!
Bom Caminho!
Wow, that sounds warm! Hoping for around 75° with no rain (always the optimist!)

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
My wife and I will be doing the same, leaving Porto on the 7th of May. Walking to Matosinhos as well the first day (starting out slow and taking our time). We were thinking of walking along the coast to Caminha and turning inland from there. Probably see you out there. Bom Caminho!
Hopefully see you on the trail then! Our schedule is very flexible. The main thing I learnt from previous Caminos was to go with the flow . . . Bom Caminho!

Hi Frankybaby66
We will be starting on the 2nd of May same Route. Hope to catch up as some stage. Take it easy. Looking forward to share a great dinner!

Getting very excited at starting my first Camino from Valenca/Tui on 11 May walking with 2 friends. Lots of preparation done and lots of information gained from this site.
Hi Sharon,
I don't understand very well you route... Would be great to catch up with you as some stage in Spain, who knows. We are heading into Compostelle through the camino Portuguese. Anyhow. Buon Camino!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi Sharon,
I don't understand very well you route... Would be great to catch up with you as some stage in Spain, who knows. We are heading into Compostelle through the camino Portuguese. Anyhow. Buon Camino!
Thanks! Would be good to meet up with you too!

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.