• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Portugues, starting this Friday!

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2015 November)
Hi everyone,
My name is Layli, I am from Chicago in the United States, and I will be starting my first Camino this Friday. I fly into Lisbon on the 13th, travel over to Porto, and begin the pilgrimage from Porto on the 14th. I hope to see some friends along the way!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Buen Caminho! I suggest, if you have time, to explore Lisbon and/or Porto to help get over jet lag before walking. If you are taking the coastal route only out of Porto (a wise choice) You could spend a quick few hours walking to Matosinhos before taking the train / bus back to Porto and sightseeing. Use a map or follow the river on that short stretch. Then in the morning, just catch a train back before walking from Matosinhos to Vila do Conde. On the second day, cross over to Barcelos on the traditional route. The route is pretty well marked.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thanks for the advice! I'm doing the coastal route from Porto--flying in Friday night. I planned starting on Saturday morning, but I might just take the advice and spend Saturday exploring Porto, seeing as I gave myself a few extra days to get to Santiago. :)

Hi everyone,
My name is Layli, I am from Chicago in the United States, and I will be starting my first Camino this Friday. I fly into Lisbon on the 13th, travel over to Porto, and begin the pilgrimage from Porto on the 14th. I hope to see some friends along the way!
Hi Sarah, as already stated by Michael that would be a nice begin of your journey. My wife and I will do the same next year after our seperate Camino Francés we will walk together again.
Wish you well and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.