• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Cele variant route question Saint Cirq Lapopie to Cahors 33.2 km

wanderingsage

Time of past OR future Camino
France, Portuguese, Le Puy, or Norte planned
I have the Cicerone book and am wondering about one section that is recommended. This section is 33.2 km and goes from Saint Cirq Lapopie to Cahors. We are experienced walkers having walked the Frances last year averaging about 27 km/day. While it will be a long day, I am not worried about the length. Does this distance seem reasonably accurate for this route? Has anyone done this and able to provide feedback? There are a few options on this route to make it easier but just wondering if it makes sens. We will be walking from about the middle of September onwards. Thanks in advance.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
wanderingsage,
If you write Saint Cirq Lapopie
in the blue search box on the upper left of this page your will pull up a list of several past posts which may be helpful.
Good luck with your planning and wherever/whenever you walk Bon chemin.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
If you mean reconnecting with the GR65 from St Cirq, then it is obviously a long day and not quite enough to split. It is ok as a walk but not special.
I’ve walked the Célé route a few times and if you was thinking of splitting the day i’d recommend going down to the river, walking to Bouzies along side the river (a great walk) then walking on to Pasturat or Béars/Vers, stay the night, then walking in to Cahors next day, following the river pretty much all the way, or going up to Mont St Cyr, the turning is on the left about 2/3 of the way in. A fair bit more strenuous but a good view of Cahors before a steep descent into town.

I have the Cicerone book and am wondering about one section that is recommended. This section is 33.2 km and goes from Saint Cirq Lapopie to Cahors. We are experienced walkers having walked the Frances last year averaging about 27 km/day. While it will be a long day, I am not worried about the length. Does this distance seem reasonably accurate for this route? Has anyone done this and able to provide feedback? There are a few options on this route to make it easier but just wondering if it makes sens. We will be walking from about the middle of September onwards. Thanks in advance.
I know this stage very well, having walked it a number of times ... personally, I would break it into two ... and go 1. Saint-Cirq-Lapopie to Béars [CH «les Rives d’Olt»] or Vers and 2. Béars / Vers to Cahors;

I know this stage very well, having walked it a number of times ... personally, I would break it into two ... and go 1. Saint-Cirq-Lapopie to Béars [CH «les Rives d’Olt»] or Vers and 2. Béars / Vers to Cahors;
Yes, and Rives d’Olt is great.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I think we have changed our mind and are going to split the day as you recommended. What would you recommend between Vers and Bears? If you recommend Bears, would you take the short walk to Vers to look around? Thanks in advance.

I think we have changed our mind and are going to split the day as you recommended. What would you recommend between Vers and Bears? If you recommend Bears, would you take the short walk to Vers to look around? Thanks in advance.
the distance between Béars and Vers is just over 1.0 ... depending on what time you arrive at Béars I would definitely walk over to Vers and spend some time by the river and / or have a refreshing drink under the trees at the Hôtel «la Truite Dorée» ... one of the best accommodations on this route is at Béars CH «les Rives d’Olt» hosted by Evelyne and Philippe Andlauer ... not to be missed!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
the distance between Béars and Vers is just over 1.0 ... depending on what time you arrive at Béars I would definitely walk over to Vers and spend some time by the river and / or have a refreshing drink under the trees at the Hôtel «la Truite Dorée» ... one of the best accommodations on this route is at Béars CH «les Rives d’Olt» hosted by Evelyne and Philippe Andlauer ... not to be missed!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hello - I am planning to walk about the first half of the Via Podiensis next month, May 2024. I will start from Le Puy and walk for 16 days. I am flying into Paris and would like to purchase a sim...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back