• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

CF- May 1st, 2017

MeganG22

Time of past OR future Camino
SJPdP-->SdC
(Oct3-Nov3 2012)
Pamplona-->SdC
(Oct1-Oct29 2014)
Upcoming!
Pamplona-->SdC
May 1-? 2017
Third time's the charm! Starting out from Pamplona on May 1st, cannot wait to be back on the Road. Hope to cross paths with some of you fabulous peregrinos.... Buen Camino to all!

Last edited:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I will be a little behind you leaving SJPDP on May 1. Maybe I'll catch up to you on The Way. I'm also from Colorado

Hola Greg : I am also leaving St Jean on May 1st. I intend to overnight at Orisson and then see what happens between there and Pamplona.

Third time's the charm! Starting out from Pamplona on May 1st, cannot wait to be back on the Road. Hope to cross paths with some of you fabulous peregrinos.... Been Camino to all!

Hola Megan - we will be giving you about 65km (30 miles) start, but its not a race so not sure if I will catch you. That climb up to the Alto del Perdon is a real test for your first day. Take it slow and steady!
Buen Camino to you both.

Greg and Megan - Y'all will be a week ahead of me (beginning March 8.) It is nice to know I won't be on the CF alone. I truly doubt I will catch up with you because I am a slow walker - but who knows?

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Buen Camino megan! Maybe we meet somewhere,
Wish you a very nice Camino.

I'm also starting from Pamplona on the 1st. Hope to see you on the road ☺

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi everyone .
I will also begin, God willing, on May 1st, from Zizur Mayor.
I hope to see you on the Camino.
Buen Camino.

Third time's the charm! Starting out from Pamplona on May 1st, cannot wait to be back on the Road. Hope to cross paths with some of you fabulous peregrinos.... Buen Camino to all!
Hello all, I will be starting my first Camino, solo, on May 1st from SJDP, cannot wait and look forward to meeting some of you en route, Ja

Jacintha: I'm arriving in Biarritz on a flight from Madrid on April 30. Express Bourricot taxi to SJPDP. Start on May 1. Hope to see you
We arrive at the same time I think in Biaritz at 17.05 and go also with express bourricot taxi : )) maybe we can share the ride and meet :) buen camino

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
We arrive at the same time I think in Biaritz at 17.05 and go also with express bourricot taxi : )) maybe we can share the ride and meet :) buen camino
That sounds great to me, will be looking out for the backpack! Have you booked a place to stay in SJDP yet? I'm thinking I need to book as it may be late arriving there

That sounds great to me, will be looking out for the backpack! Have you booked a place to stay in SJDP yet? I'm thinking I need to book as it may be late arriving there
I have a purple backpack sirius, but think we will meet in the plane. We stay at Donamaria in SJPP for 2 nights because we walk in 2 stages to Roncesvalles and the bourricot taxi brings us back to SJPP halfway Ronvesvalles . Next day they will bring us to the same point and we walk further to ronvesvalles. I booked the taxi already for april 30 from Biarrtiz

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hola Greg : I am also leaving St Jean on May 1st. I intend to overnight at Orisson and then see what happens between there and Pamplona.

Hola Megan - we will be giving you about 65km (30 miles) start, but its not a race so not sure if I will catch you. That climb up to the Alto del Perdon is a real test for your first day. Take it slow and steady!
Buen Camino to you both.
So What is your schedule Mike? I leave St Jean on the 30th, stay overnight in Orisson, and stay in Roncesvalles on 1st May.

Alan

Be brave. Life is joyous.

So What is your schedule Mike? I leave St Jean on the 30th, stay overnight in Orisson, and stay in Roncesvalles on 1st May. Alan.

After riding a bike from Pamplona I have decided that I don't really want a schedule. I too am staying in Orisson the first night (1 May). Still tossing up about staying in Roncesvalles, it will depend upon how I feel when I arrive. Basic idea is 5 days to Pamplona. But there its take as it comes - going to try to get away from the Brierley stages. Cheers for now. M

Hello! I'm starting in St Jean on the 28th of April so it's possible our paths may cross... I only have 10 days but I am also soooo excited to be following the arrows again!

Have a great walk everyone!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
After riding a bike from Pamplona I have decided that I don't really want a schedule. I too am staying in Orisson the first night (1 May). Still tossing up about staying in Roncesvalles, it will depend upon how I feel when I arrive. Basic idea is 5 days to Pamplona. But there its take as it comes - going to try to get away from the Brierley stages. Cheers for now. M
I try to stay away also from the Brierley stages. Buen Camino :)

That would be wonderful! I will make my way to the taxi rank, if we meet there great and if not, no worries! I'm sure we'll meet in the first few days. Thanks so much for the offer.

That would be wonderful! I will make my way to the taxi rank, if we meet there great and if not, no worries! I'm sure we'll meet in the first few days. Thanks so much for the offer.
Yes you have to make the reservation yourself : )

I hope we can catch up along the way. That will beat chatting at a pilgrim meeting in Sydney. My schedule will be decided by my dodgy achilles tendon, which may or may not get me to SdC. My physio and I are working hard to get it right but with only 5 weeks before I leave there is not a lot of time. An achilles tendon is a bit like a hook in golf - you can tell them what to do, but they don't listen. I can't take anti-inflammatories as they may affect other important medication that I am on.

Buen camino

Alan

I booked the night of 30 April at Beilari.
Hi there, a friend told me about Beilari but unfortunately they are booked up for the night of 30th so I'm now looking elsewhere. If you have any suggestions I'd really appreciate it as I have not been there before. Thanks!

Hi there, a friend told me about Beilari but unfortunately they are booked up for the night of 30th so I'm now looking elsewhere. If you have any suggestions I'd really appreciate it as I have not been there before. Thanks!

Jacintha: I am a first time pilgrim so I have no special knowledge. I reserved a Bed at Beilari based on comments in this forum. I did some research and Pelerin Pilgrims Hostil is highly rated and is a few doors away from the Pilgrims Office and Beilari. Ultreia Hostel is also highly rated ( both had higher rating in the app I am using than Beilari.). I'll see you at the airport in Nadrid or on the shuttle from Biarritz. Gregory

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Thanks so much. I booked Gite Izaxulo in a bit of a panic last night, I was afraid everything would be booked out and just needed to get somewhere! Seems there are a lot of people starting 1st May which is great. I've booked my shuttle for 5.30 so hope that my flight gets in on time for that, if not I'm sure we'll meet along the route! Happy packing!

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.