• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Chickens, Mules and Two Old Fools

gerardcarey

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
CFx2, CPx1
The Kindle version. Free today from Amazon (I suspect only US registered folk)
https://www.amazon.com.au/exec/obidos/ASIN/B003N3UZHY/ozbargain-22?tag=casaivar02-20

I enjoyed a quick squiz, and the first recipe (they are scattered throughout the book) at least appears to be at the level of this hopeless, yet ever hopeful, cook.

Product Description
**Wall Street Journal Top 10 bestseller**
**New York Times bestselling author**
If Joe and Vicky had known what relocating to a tiny mountain village in Andalucía would REALLY be like, they might have hesitated...
They have no idea of the culture shock in store. No idea they'll become reluctant chicken farmers and own the most dangerous cockerel in Spain. No idea they'll help capture a vulture or be rescued by a mule.
Will they stay, or return to the relative sanity of England?
Includes Spanish recipes donated by the village ladies and link to FREE photo book.

Regards
Gerard

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I'm glad you spotted this, Gerard. Her books are a quick, light look at life in a village near the Camino Mozarabe. We cycled by it on our trip through the Alpujarra last fall and put some photos in our journal (look for El Marchal de Antón López, near the bottom of the page). She's written several sequels as well.

Thanks! Worked for this Camadian.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Quite disappointing......Kindle thanked this Kiwi for her purchase - but it is failing to appear in my library so maybe there's some cross-the-ditch joke going on. That's not the disappointing bit. THAT would be the fact that I thought @gerardcarey had another story up and he didn't!

Downloaded, thanks!
I clicked on the link, and the site saw that I’m not in Australia. It gave me another link, to continue to the .com site, which I did, and then downloaded for free from there.
Jill (in South Africa)

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Downloaded, thanks!
I clicked on the link, and the site saw that I’m not in Australia. It gave me another link, to continue to the .com site, which I did, and then downloaded for free from there.
Jill (in South Africa)
I tried to get this book. It went to the .au site then I googled thre title and went to amazon.m and it said the book isn't available. The reviews are great!

I tried to get this book. It went to the .au site then I googled thre title and went to amazon.m and it said the book isn't available. The reviews are great!
I just clicked on the Amazon.com.au site and the book came up immediately.....totally free... Thankyou for the heads up....

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Thanks. Just downloaded for free in Oz.

Wait for it!
I must be impatient. According to my Amazon account I bought it three times yesterday;-) Still no sign in my Kindle app though. However, today they are busy recommending I also buy Two Old Fools and and Two Old Fools in Spain Again....I'm not fool enough to be taken in by that.
Still disappointing...especially as everyone has scarpered off to watch the cricket at Grandpa's house and I'm all alone with a sunny afternoon stretched out before me - perfect for camino reading.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi Rachael!
Sure it's not in your Kindle library?
Sometimes, not always, I have to go into my Amazon account, then into the library section of that account, then give direction to download the book to a specific device.
This presumes of course that the purchase has been successfull.
Hope this helps.

Happy New year to you and yours,
Gerard

Last edited:
Hope you have managed to be successful by this time. I had a dreadful rigmarole this morning trying to get things sorted, but finally got the e-book. As usual, it was all due to a silly mistake I made.

Thanks, Gerard, for the link.

Mine didn't download until I clicked on the option to read it in the Kindle app. Then it started downloading right away.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I just paid $1.15 to get it off of the amazon.com site. Still seems like a steal.

Most read last week in this forum