• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Chickens, Mules and Two Old Fools

gerardcarey

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
CFx2, CPx1
The Kindle version. Free today from Amazon (I suspect only US registered folk)
https://www.amazon.com.au/exec/obidos/ASIN/B003N3UZHY/ozbargain-22?tag=casaivar02-20

I enjoyed a quick squiz, and the first recipe (they are scattered throughout the book) at least appears to be at the level of this hopeless, yet ever hopeful, cook.

Product Description
**Wall Street Journal Top 10 bestseller**
**New York Times bestselling author**
If Joe and Vicky had known what relocating to a tiny mountain village in Andalucía would REALLY be like, they might have hesitated...
They have no idea of the culture shock in store. No idea they'll become reluctant chicken farmers and own the most dangerous cockerel in Spain. No idea they'll help capture a vulture or be rescued by a mule.
Will they stay, or return to the relative sanity of England?
Includes Spanish recipes donated by the village ladies and link to FREE photo book.

Regards
Gerard

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
https://www.amazon.com.au/exec/obidos/ASIN/B003N3UZHY/ozbargain-22?tag=casaivar02-20

I enjoyed a quick squiz, and the first recipe (they are scattered throughout the book) at least appears to be at the level of this hopeless, yet ever hopeful, cook.

Product Description
If Joe and Vicky had known what relocating to a tiny mountain village in Andalucía would REALLY be like, they might have hesitated...
They have no idea of the culture shock in store. No idea they'll become reluctant chicken farmers and own the most dangerous cockerel in Spain. No idea they'll help capture a vulture or be rescued by a mule.
Includes Spanish recipes donated by the village ladies and link to FREE photo book.

Regards
Gerard
Thanks! Worked for this Camadian.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Quite disappointing......Kindle thanked this Kiwi for her purchase - but it is failing to appear in my library so maybe there's some cross-the-ditch joke going on. That's not the disappointing bit. THAT would be the fact that I thought @gerardcarey had another story up and he didn't!

Downloaded, thanks!
I clicked on the link, and the site saw that I’m not in Australia. It gave me another link, to continue to the .com site, which I did, and then downloaded for free from there.
Jill (in South Africa)

Downloaded, thanks!
I clicked on the link, and the site saw that I’m not in Australia. It gave me another link, to continue to the .com site, which I did, and then downloaded for free from there.
Jill (in South Africa)
I tried to get this book. It went to the .au site then I googled thre title and went to amazon.m and it said the book isn't available. The reviews are great!

I tried to get this book. It went to the .au site then I googled thre title and went to amazon.m and it said the book isn't available. The reviews are great!
I just clicked on the Amazon.com.au site and the book came up immediately.....totally free... Thankyou for the heads up....

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Product Description

Regards
Gerard
Thanks. Just downloaded for free in Oz.

Wait for it! 😊
I must be impatient. According to my Amazon account I bought it three times yesterday;-) Still no sign in my Kindle app though. However, today they are busy recommending I also buy Two Old Fools and and Two Old Fools in Spain Again....I'm not fool enough to be taken in by that.
Still disappointing...especially as everyone has scarpered off to watch the cricket at Grandpa's house and I'm all alone with a sunny afternoon stretched out before me - perfect for camino reading.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I must be impatient. According to my Amazon account I bought it three times yesterday;-) Still no sign in my Kindle app though. However, today they are busy recommending I also buy Two Old Fools and and Two Old Fools in Spain Again....I'm not fool enough to be taken in by that.
Still disappointing...especially as everyone has scarpered off to watch the cricket at Grandpa's house and I'm all alone with a sunny afternoon stretched out before me - perfect for camino reading.
Hi Rachael!
Sure it's not in your Kindle library?
Sometimes, not always, I have to go into my Amazon account, then into the library section of that account, then give direction to download the book to a specific device.
This presumes of course that the purchase has been successfull.
Hope this helps.

Happy New year to you and yours,
Gerard

Last edited:
Hope you have managed to be successful by this time. I had a dreadful rigmarole this morning trying to get things sorted, but finally got the e-book. As usual, it was all due to a silly mistake I made.

Thanks, Gerard, for the link. 😊

Mine didn't download until I clicked on the option to read it in the Kindle app. Then it started downloading right away.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

A promotion started here right now. A step-counting sweater from Wolkswagen records how far you walk, and if you walk 613 km (which is the range of the latest model) before 16th June, you can win...
Past,present and future Thanks for sharing your adventures! This forum will be a touchstone someday in the future ..where you had gone and how far, from where and when A Canterbery tales sort of...
Hi all, I’m starting my Camino Frances on May 12. I’ve booked my first night in SJPDP, but I’m starting to worry I need to book more. My plan was to take it day by day and just turn up, but lots...
Seems to be a lot of people posting about stuff they lost on the Camino recently. I managed to leave a nice new-ish polo shirt somewhere drying and didn't notice for over a week. I hope someone...
Did you meet Bjørn Krohn? Died aged 48 in an albergue, I don't know where, tuesday 21th. I didn't know this until now.
Does anyone have a favorite place to stay in arzua? Thanks for any suggestions!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back