• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Chill, Peregrinos! There's no hurry...

Time of past OR future Camino
2006 to date: Over 21 Caminos. See signature line
I just want to say to new pilgrims who are panicking about getting from Pamplona or Madrid to SJPP...

CHILL!

You will get there.

If you get there a day or two later than you planned, so what?
This is the Camino.
You must learn to let go of schedules.
You must learn to blow like a leaf in the wind.
If you do not get today's bus, there is always tomorrow's bus.
Or maybe you will meet a group of pilgrims wanting to share a taxi.
Enjoy Madrid! Go to the Prado.
Enjoy Pamplona! Go see the Cathedral and Museu de Navarra!
Have a nice dinner.
Adjust to the time change...

If you run short on days on the Camino... take a bus one or two stages.
Lightning will not strike you - I promise!

Part of the lesson of the Camino is learning to roll with the punches.
And you WILL most likely get punched.
So start early...

It will all work out.
Honest.

Buen Camino!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Thanks Annie.

Sometimes we DO need that slap on the back of the head to snap us out of the gotta-get-there-itis. :D

Sent from my iPad using Camino de Santiago Forum mobile app

Anniesantiago said:
Part of the lesson of the Camino is learning to roll with the punches.
And you WILL most likely get punched.
So don't worry to get from A to B with a puncher :shock: Accept the pìlgrim life with a pinch of salt and you'll be amazed to find out what you can do without in life :eek:

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Wonderful advice. Thank you.

I've read with interest some of the stories from pilgrims planning to walk the Camino in quick time. Happily, I am not one of these. In taking note of advice like yours, I plan to let my body be my guide & to simply go with the flow.

Hasten slowly!!!
Patterle

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
I let my body tell me, back from 18km walk with my camino pack, weight 5.5 km, 3.5 hours walking, so ready for camino in 10 days. Everybody walks at different pace, so you meet up with same group each day on camino, they become your family, I walk average 25 km a day, no rest days so you will not see somebody walking 15 km after day one, its my camino! I was told last year albergues were only half full each day in may and June , no problems with beds, enjoy, it's your camino.

Most read last week in this forum

Now it's done, and I'm showered, fed and generally numbed with alcohol, it was great. Fortunately, the weather was cool all day, the rain held off and the terrain was rolling countryside. But...
Hi Forum! Just to reassure those starting now and the next week, but I was in Roncesvalles last night and, though full and busy, I talked to the hospitalero who told me, there were still 27 empty...
Walking the Camino Frances, since the 16th there has been a lot of mud on the trail but doable until today on the way to Pamplona! It got very difficult with the mud on the pass high up beside...
I started out from Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port on 1 May. It turned out to be an unforgetable day. Above 1,000 m or so it snowed, catching many people unprepared. Later that day "many" walkers were...
I'm flying from the USA to start my Camino this week. I will check my backpack, and to protect it, I will ship it in a plastic storage bin like this one: Rather than shipping the storage bin to...
Hi everyone -- After walking the Frances from SJpdP last October, I'm planning to revisit the bit between Logrono and Burgos this July, following different stages. It's the section where I had...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.