A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Luggage Storage in Santiago

Advertisement

Cinque Terre - where, what, how & a Camino arrow :)

katdavis

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2013), C2C(2013), Shikoku 88 Temples(2013), Thames Path(2013), Camino Portuguese(2014), Hadrian's Wall(2014), Cinque Terre(2014), Camino Primitivo(2014), Camino Ingles(2014), PCT(2015), Camino Frances (2015)
Hi,

I've recently walked along the Cinque Terre in Italy, and came across a Via della Costa camino arrow :)

The "azzure" blue route between Corniglia, Manarola & Riomaggiore is still closed (due to landslides in 2011), however there is a higher hiking path linking these three towns. (Tough but incredible!)

National Geographic considers it one of the Top 20 hikes in the world, and the views certainly are breathtaking.

I wrote a blog about it here with details of where, what, how, as well as photos:
http://followingthearrows.wordpress.com/cinque-terre/

If you're looking for a 1 day or 2 day hike with the most stunning views of sea, vineyards, olive and lemon orchards, and delicious food and wine along the way, then this is it!

Buen Camino!
Kat

Attachments

Advertisment

wayfarer

Staff member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
SJPP-Santiago-Finistera-Muxia. April/May 2012
Sarria-Santiago Sept. 2013
SJPP - Almost Orrison April 2014
Thank you for sharing Kat, it does indeed look stunning.

jirit

Staff member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2007,
Via Francigena Italy, 2008,
Jakobsweg Austria 2010,
Camino Frances 2011,
Le Puy to Lourdes 2012,
Via de la Plata 2013,
Future:
Ökumenischer (Via Regia), Germany,
Lycian Way, Turkey
Via della Costa is a 12 stage 355 km coastal route in Italy developed to connect trails in France, from the Santiago, to the route to Rome (The Via Francigena)

I am not sure if there is any historical elements to the route itself as it came into existence only a few years ago after much research and development to find a coastal path between the border of France and Italy and the Via Francigena. The alternative to this route is a route along the coastal mountains called The Alta via dei Monti Liguri (also known as the High Trail or Ligurian Alta Via, or AV for short).

For more information please check out the following link:

http://littlegreentracs.typepad.com/my_weblog/2011/01/page/2/

katdavis

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2013), C2C(2013), Shikoku 88 Temples(2013), Thames Path(2013), Camino Portuguese(2014), Hadrian's Wall(2014), Cinque Terre(2014), Camino Primitivo(2014), Camino Ingles(2014), PCT(2015), Camino Frances (2015)
Thanks Jirit!

The Via Francigena is a dream of mine so I guess one day I'll be on that same trail again :)

Kat

A

AJ

Via della Costa is a 12 stage 355 km coastal route in Italy developed to connect trails in France, from the Santiago, to the route to Rome (The Via Francigena)

I am not sure if there is any historical elements to the route itself as it came into existence only a few years ago after much research and development to find a coastal path between the border of France and Italy and the Via Francigena. The alternative to this route is a route along the coastal mountains called The Alta via dei Monti Liguri (also known as the High Trail or Ligurian Alta Via, or AV for short).

For more information please check out the following link:

http://littlegreentracs.typepad.com/my_weblog/2011/01/page/2/
Or you can follow the Via Aurelia which isn't excessively busy because of the motorway.

Advertisment

newfydog

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Pamplona-Santiago, Le Puy- Santiago, Prague- LePuy, Menton- Toulouse, Menton- Rome, Canterbury- Lausanne, Chemin Stevenson, Voie de Vezelay
I knew the via Della Costa had a long ways to go when I had to explain to a restaurant owner the significance of the symbols painted on the outside of his building. "You are right on the route"!!! He hadn't noticed any backpacker business.

pilgrim b

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Caminos Frances 2013
Ingles 2014
Frances 2015
St Cuthbert's Way 2017
Via Francegena 2018
Hi,

I've recently walked along the Cinque Terre in Italy, and came across a Via della Costa camino arrow :)

The "azzure" blue route between Corniglia, Manarola & Riomaggiore is still closed (due to landslides in 2011), however there is a higher hiking path linking these three towns. (Tough but incredible!)

National Geographic considers it one of the Top 20 hikes in the world, and the views certainly are breathtaking.

I wrote a blog about it here with details of where, what, how, as well as photos:
http://followingthearrows.wordpress.com/cinque-terre/

If you're looking for a 1 day or 2 day hike with the most stunning views of sea, vineyards, olive and lemon orchards, and delicious food and wine along the way, then this is it!

Buen Camino!
Kat
Kat you have just reminded peregrina b and me of our trip in 2008 here are three pics which must have been taken within metres of some of yours bringing back wonderful memories of our trip thank you:) DSC04266.JPG DSC04280.JPG DSC04271.JPG

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 7 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 26 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 94 15.7%
  • May

Votes: 156 26.1%
  • June