• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Class of 2018

I'm not sure if i have added my 2018 date to the Calendar properly ? If not , at least i have now set my intentions for 2018 -I'll start walking from Sahugun or Bercianos around 23 September to Santiago . Looking forward to it . :)

Last edited:
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hello! Jim here from Virginia U.S.A.. After spending a few days at Lourdes, my son and I plan on starting our 2nd Camino from SJPdP to Santiago on August 18th. We walked from SJPdP to Santiago August - September last year.

I am returning this year for 2 weeks in August to walk sections I skipped last year. I won’t be able to walk all of them but that will be a good reason to return again. Starting in Estella to Burgos then try to get transportation to Castrojeriz so I can walk to Formista. Well that’s my plan.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
I am planning to walk the Camino from SJPdP around August 21. I need to leave a suitcase ( coming from Downunder) in Barcelona. Any help would be appreciated. Airport? Any other ideas?
My first 3 weeks I travel around Europa before Camino.
Thanks

My first Camino this fall will be a partial one because I can't take more than two weeks off. I am starting in Sarria, going on to Santiago, then going either Muxia-Finisterre or Finisterre-Muxia, depending on what others say is the better route.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I will Start the third camino on the 23 july in S.Pedro de Rates

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I will be walking the Camino de San Salvador (Leon - Oviedo) beginning July 1 or 2, 2018, with my wife and daughter. Upon reaching Oviedo (6 days), my daughter will be departing and my wife and I will move to Villaviciosa to begin the Caminos Primitivo/Finesterre over the rest of July.

We are currently hospitaleros for 2 weeks in Astorga and are really enjoying meeting the Camino Frances Peregrinos and spending time in the town of Astorga!

Hope to see some of you out there in July!

Hi there! I plan my first camino from SJPdP to Santiago for August and September 2018. Family (wife and two children) supports the idea... which is very important.
Maybe I should walk a little bit more and read in this forum a little bit less for preparation... I probably do not need to look several times a day on the 'new posts' section.
Maybe see you at some point Martin, will be walking SJPdP end July to beginning Sept this year, Bill

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I'm FINALLY going!
July 22nd-August 31, 2018. St. Jean Pied de Port to Santiago, to Finisterre to Muxia. Can't wait!
On the count down too, starting three days behind you, so may not see you,
Bill

My first Camino, Frances, showed my pilgrim record to my sister, who promptly asked why I was doing this one .
Starting at SJPdP on the 25th July, so not long now, finishing about 5th Sept,
Hope to meet some of you out there,
Bill

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi, we completed a "best of Camino", seven days from St Jean and then six days from Sarria to Sanitiago de Compostela. We finished May 9, 2018. Already planning fro next year. We will finish the days that we missed this time. It seems very hard to stop going to Spain once you have walked there for a time.

Hi,

I'm Kate and I've finally booked my flights to walk my Camino! I've been wanting to do it for three years now, but work commitments have got in the way.

I arrive 6th Sept 2018 in Porto, planning on the central route to Santiago.

Hopefully meet a few people on the Way

Kate x,

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Buen Camino all! Setting my sights on the Primitive this time around. Plan to begin walking on October 11th or 12th. Depends how much time I spend in Oviedo! :)

My third camino in just under a year (yes caught the bug). Doing the Frances again this time. Fly into biarritz August 21. Start then to orisson if I can, or next day. Can't wait! I hope to see some of you soon on the way.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hubby and I are set to leave from St Jean August 30 this year, God willing.

Talking about Camino blues! I just finished my first Camino Frances (Leon-Santiago-Finisterre-Muxia), and I decided to go back next week, starting from St Jean until Burgos.

Look out for my red Bestard shoes and grey Osprey Talon 33 pack :)

I am walking my first camino in September. Sarria to Santiago. Santiago will show me the way.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I walked the Camino Inglés in June,18 and will start my second camino in September 18 from SJPDP to Santiago and then on to Finisterre and Muxia. The scaffolding was still up when I was there early June, so it will be wonderful to see it refreshed now. And hopefully, less rain, it poured every day for the 5 days I was in Santiago.

Hi, i am currently jobless, would like to walk the camino from St Jean Pied de Port but just starting to do my research, hopefully I can start my journey in a week time. No job really killing me, i need to find something to do in this spare time.

Hello,
I´m new here.
I will walk unfortunately not the full path but a distance from Baiona to Santiago in August through the coastal route. Quite excited and a bit scared :)

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hello,
I´m new here.
I will walk unfortunately not the full path but a distance from Baiona to Santiago in August through the coastal route. Quite excited and a bit scared :)
Miss Vitalija, welcome aboard, your first post! No reason to be scared, you will have a lot of peregrinos walking the same route. Enjoy your camino. God bless you.

Hi, i am currently jobless, would like to walk the camino from St Jean Pied de Port but just starting to do my research, hopefully I can start my journey in a week time. No job really killing me, i need to find something to do in this spare time.
Mister Alan, welcome aboard, your first post! The camino will give your something to do in your spare time! Enjoy your camino and please let us know your status via live updates. Thanks.

I walked the Camino Inglés in June,18 and will start my second camino in September 18 from SJPDP to Santiago and then on to Finisterre and Muxia. The scaffolding was still up when I was there early June, so it will be wonderful to see it refreshed now. And hopefully, less rain, it poured every day for the 5 days I was in Santiago.
Mister J, welcome aboard, your first post! Your second camino in less than three months, that is awesome. About the rain, we walked last year in September and October and the weather was good (but take your rain poncho anyway). Looking forward to your live from the camino updates. Thanks.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Yesterday we purchased tickets for Spain. This time, my wife Francine and I will be doing the Galician portion of the Francés, starting in O Cebreiro on or about October 5 - depending on how quick we can get there from Madrid!

We hope to see some of you there!

Hi. I walked the Camino Frances in July '07 and again in July '09. Life and living got in the way, but I'm finally hitting the trail once more on Sept.3rd in Burgos and will walk until I run out of time on Sept.26th. Getting more excited daily and trying to be ruthless and cull the backpack. Ultreia!!

Ok ...from Sydney,first time Camino pilgrim here and thinking I must be nuts for sure now that I’ve read and re-read & it looks like there’s not too many Peregrinos interested in a November Camino. I hope to start the CSF at SJP around 8th or 10th November and get as far as I can...weather permitting. Not the ‘choicest’ of times to go but the only available time that’s presented itself to me. So I’m gunna take my chances and fingers crossed it won’t be too wet,too cold or (un)seasonably closed ..and/or just about devoid of companions. See you when I’m looking at you....Buen Camino los todos

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Jon, Joyce and Tom starting from SJPDP on Sept 9th while our Social Security checks get deposited directly, as we are officially geesers and celebrating retirement by the foot.

The Class of .. threads were started back in when 2007 Arn had the bright idea of creating a topic for all those planning to go in 2008. His post:

It appears from the current number of folks at this thread, that there is a significant number of fellow pilgrims in the mid-to-final stages of the planning for their Camino. I have also noticed a decidedly large number of folks observing from the fringes.

It's been my observation, that most folks don't "accidentally" come across a site such as this. They have a purpose and, if that purpose is to seek out information, therefore why not declare yourself by joining the site along with we peregrinos...past, present and soon to be. Start your Camino from right there in the comfort of your own home, but start it with the knowledge that there are folks that you want to meet and will want to meet you in return.

The number of folks making their Camino each year is in the thousands, surely there are more of you out there.

Who among you is willing to acknowledge you're a member of the class of 2018?

Buen Camino
Arn
We are in St Jean Pied de Port now and starting Camino Francès tomorrow, September 1st. Our first! buen Camino to me and all!

Ok ...from Sydney,first time Camino pilgrim here and thinking I must be nuts for sure now that I’ve read and re-read & it looks like there’s not too many Peregrinos interested in a November Camino. I hope to start the CSF at SJP around 8th or 10th November and get as far as I can...weather permitting. Not the ‘choicest’ of times to go but the only available time that’s presented itself to me. So I’m gunna take my chances and fingers crossed it won’t be too wet,too cold or (un)seasonably closed ..and/or just about devoid of companions. See you when I’m looking at you....Buen Camino los todos
Aussie are very well received here in France, especially if you speak some French (or at least try!)

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
My husband and I are planning our first Camino (Frances) in October 2018. We are both really excited to take leave from work and throw ourselves this huge challenge. I wonder what we will discover...

Hi! I’ll be walking the Camino Francés, Logroño then west the second week of October... maybe I’ll see you on the trail! That’s a cute pup you have there, btw. Is Banjo the pup or the husband? :)
Arnica

Hi my husband and I will be walking the Camino Francis starting on the 5th October. We are travelling rom Australia. Getting very excited, looking forward to making new friends alone the way!

Hello all! I land in Pamplona on the 12th or October and start my walk the next morning! Hope to see some of y'all on the trail!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I've just bought my tickets to travel from home in Granada to Roncesvalles to start my second camino blast on November 14th. Having done Astorga to SdC two years ago, this time I'm going to take a slightly different approach to this camino adventure. Last time I was very organised and planned everything, day-by-day, stop-by-stop, albergue-by-albergue. It worked well and I completed my journey, as planned, bang on time. This year I'm just going to let it all hang out. I have 5 weeks+ available and while it might be nice to make it all the way to SdC, there's no burning need. What I found in 2016 is that the journey is everything, the destination not so important. If I meet any of you on the way, please say hi and let's share a flask of lovely Yorkshire Tea somewhere windy and magnificent.

Change of plan Primitivo start in 12 days packed and raring to go. So excited but checking the snowy weather at o Celberio makes me wonder will hospitales be viable Any advice I think anything can happen in a fortnight but I’ll follow any advice I get from the road and hospitales once I’m there. Jumping in and having a go. Scary as...vaya Con dios ❤️

Attachments

• C6D31F81-E5DA-4631-85CB-F8811C3DE9B2.jpeg
    C6D31F81-E5DA-4631-85CB-F8811C3DE9B2.jpeg
    784 KB · Views: 4

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back