• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Coastal Route from Matosinhos

whiteduke

Time of past OR future Camino
Planning to go in September from Porto
Im planning to do part of the coastal route up to Vila de Conde than head towards Rates. I have 12 days in all. From Barcelos, I would like to visit the Casa de Fernanda. Is there a bus from Barcelos that goes to Lugar de Corge?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Im planning to do part of the coastal route up to Vila de Conde than head towards Rates. I have 12 days in all. From Barcelos, I would like to visit the Casa de Fernanda. Is there a bus from Barcelos that goes to Lugar de Corge?
The place Lugar do Corgo is only the name of the house of Fernanda and Jacinto.
The place is called Vitorino dos Piães.
You can take the train from Barcelos to Baroselas and walk from there in the direction of Balugães. There you find the yellow waymarkers on the central route to Santiago.
Ftom the station to Casa da Fernanda is about 7 kms walk .
There is bus from Balugães to Ponte de Lima the busstop is in the hamlet Outeiro and from there it is 100 meters walk to Fernanda.
I do not know the itinarary of the bus and at the many times I have been at their house I never have seen a bus passing but know the busstop as a landmark to turn of the main road to get to casa Fernanda

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
If you plan to say at Rates then head for Casa Fernanda the next day it may be easier to shorten the route from Vilar do Conde and stay in Barcelos. You can then walk to Cas fernanda the next day. There are buses from Vilar do Conde to either Junqueira (Bus 213) or Arcos. This cuts out a bit of the more dangerous roadwalking in this area.

The place Lugar do Corgo is only the name of the house of Fernanda and Jacinto.
The place is called Vitorino dos Piães.
You can take the train from Barcelos to Baroselas and walk from there in the direction of Balugães. There you find the yellow waymarkers on the central route to Santiago.
Ftom the station to Casa da Fernanda is about 7 kms walk .
There is bus from Balugães to Ponte de Lima the busstop is in the hamlet Outeiro and from there it is 100 meters walk to Fernanda.
I do not know the itinarary of the bus and at the many times I have been at their house I never have seen a bus passing but know the busstop as a landmark to turn of the main road to get to casa Fernanda
I thank you for your reply. I'm still a bit confused on what route I shall eventually take as it's not yet very clear in my mind. All I know is that I'm starting from Matosinhos and I have 12 days, trying not to exceed 20-25 km a day

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The walk from Vila do Code to Barcelos is a little longer than 25 km but it is not a difficult walk, very level. We did the same route last year, (stopping at Fernandas) in 12 days. All of the other days were around 20k. I can send our daily stops if t is helpful.

The walk from Vila do Code to Barcelos is a little longer than 25 km but it is not a difficult walk, very level. We did the same route last year, (stopping at Fernandas) in 12 days. All of the other days were around 20k. I can send our daily stops if t is helpful.
I would love that. Thanks a million

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I was planning to do Matosinhos - Vila de conde - rates-barcelos-Casa Fernanda-Ponte de Lima-Rubaes-Valenca-O porrinho-Redondela-Pontevedra-Caldas de Reis-Pedron-Santiago. This makes 13 days and I only have 12 so I have to or increase km or jump a stage.

Would you mind sharing with me also?

I would like to receive a copy of your daily stops!
joannreyes@yahoo.com

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

Starting a journey for me starts with the planning. This year everything aligned so here I am about to leave Canada to begin my 2nd Camino - the Portuguese Coastal. With three weeks to get my...
I'm planning to cross over from the Coastal to Central Camino at Caminha. I would appreciate any comments relating to this route from pilgrims that have done it. Is it better to split into two...
Day 0? I’m here 😊and I start my slow coastal camino tomorrow! Feel blessed and recognize the privilege it is to be able to take this journey. Tomorrow a short walk to Matosinhos - just right...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back