• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

comfortable accommodations for my parents

D Scotchie

Time of past OR future Camino
Portuguese camino (Tui to Santiago) starting May 28
My parents and I are walking from Tui to Compostella in May. Although they are in excellent health, they are 77 years old and would appreciate comfortable accommodations, such as two or three star hotels, along the way. Can you recommend places to stay? Mil gracias

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
My parents and I are walking from Tui to Compostella in May. Although they are in excellent health, they are 77 years old and would appreciate comfortable accommodations, such as two or three star hotels, along the way. Can you recommend places to stay? Mil gracias
Look at the Gronze.com site, it lists not only albergues but pensiones and hotels along the way.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Just to clarify a bit....many of us here are the same age...or older than your parents. They would probably do just as well as the rest of us in available accommodations. They may not need special treatment.

Hi,

I have walked this route from Valenca (just over the border from Tui) a number of times with different groups, including my 70 year old mother-in-law and will be walking again with a group of six in early May . I always book hotel accommodation in advance either through Booking,com or directly with the hotel. They normally give the flexibility to change dates, room numbers or sizes up to a day or two before arrival without charge.

In terms of recommendations, I have stayed at the following, all either directly on or near the Camino route and all are perfectly ok, although probably a little bit more expensive than traditional Pilgrim accommodation.

Hotel Lara, Valenca Do Minho
Hotel Antolin, Cesantes (near Redondela)

Note that this hotel is set on the Vigo Estuary, a short taxi ride out of Redondela. Taxi cost is about 8 Euros from Redondela but there is a direct and sign-posted route back to the Camino when you leave the next morning. I have also used the hotel two days consecutively by stopping in O Porrino first day, taxi to the hotel and taxi back the next morning (about 20 Euros each journey) and then walking back to Redondela
Hotel Restaurante Ruas, Pontevedra
Hotel Balneario Acuna, Caldas De Reis
Hotel Scala, Padron

For this year some of the above were not available for my dates and I have changed the day stages slightly to allow for this and to give us a much shorter (12.5km) walk into Santiago on the last day. The alternatives are:

Hotel Val Flores, Valenca
Hotel Isape, Arcade
Hotel Boa Vila, Pontevedra
Casa Rural Parada De Francos, Rua De Francos

Link to Booking.com hotels in Tui
Accommodation in Tui

Feel free to drop me a PM if you want any further info on any of the above.

Buen Camino and happy planning.
Mig

Hi All , I am walking in August from Oia, to Baiona, Vigo, Redondela, Pontevedra, Caldas De Rei, Pardon then Saniago.

All my accommodation is pre booked... However any tips or hints would be good. A lady has lent me her back pack and poles,

which are great. I am from Australia and am used to warm weather. What is it like end of August early September I am only walking 7 days..

Should I learn basic Portuguese and Spanish ?

Buen Camino

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

I have a new copy of the guide to Camino Portuguese by Kat (I think) XX. My question is: is there anyone who is going to Lisbon/ Porto who could pop it in the Albergue municipal/ or use it and...
Barcelos was having a huge May 1 celebration when we passed through. There was a major unveiling of a sculpture titled Peregrina the following day—very big event. We weren’t there, so I lifted a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back