• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Confused about passports and albergues

Lunarose221

Time of past OR future Camino
Would like to do another in 2020
I would like to start from Santiago and go to Finisterre, I know there is a passport available for this route, but can I use it to stay in the Pilgrim albergues along the route to Finisterre? Or do I need to have walked the Camino to Santiago to be able to do that?
I have a small amount of experience on the Camino from Cee to Santiago as part of my Explorer belt but would like to do a bit more of it and would really like to reach Finisterre this time.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I would like to start from Santiago and go to Finisterre, I know there is a passport available for this route, but can I use it to stay in the Pilgrim albergues along the route to Finisterre? Or do I need to have walked the Camino to Santiago to be able to do that?
I have a small amount of experience on the Camino from Cee to Santiago as part of my Explorer belt but would like to do a bit more of it and would really like to reach Finisterre this time.
You can use either the special credential (Pilgrim's passport) for the Finisterre route, or the standard Camino credential. Either will allow you to stay on pilgrim albergues.

Hi Lunarose,

you can use that special pilgrim’s passport for the Camino de Finisterre/Muxia.
It is available for free at the TouristOffice of Galicia, which is located in the same building were to collect the compostela (pilgrim’s office).
The credencial entitles you to use any albergue along the Camino de Finisterre.

And you can start right off from Santiago to Finisterre (or Muxia).
There‘s no need to walk any other camino before.

Buen Camino
Uwe

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

Most read last week in this forum

Hello peregrinos! My daughter and I are walking the CF from SJPP and hope to arrive in SDC around a week before we fly home (late June). We'd like to walk to either Finisterra or Muxia and then...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back