• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

connecting the dots

Pieces

Veteran Member
so i have booked my ooutbound flight, and will be landing in Biarritz on the evening og june 15th. After readin a few posts i tried to book a bed at E'sprit de chemin, but they dont take reservations for noneaters, my next choice was L’auberge du pèlerin but the case seems to be the same here.

I am expecting to arrive between 9,30 and 10,00 pm (flight is in at 8 and i have a quiery out at http://www.expressbourricot.com for transport, so then the first question is, should I book a bed in advance or will I be fine just getting one when i arrive, and also can anyone recommend a nice albergue where one can stay and not eat (not that i don't eat, i will eat just not a communial dinner i suppose)

Also if http://www.expressbourricot.com does not work out will it be possible to catch a train ? I think someone mentioned that the last in is at around 10 ?

last and more difficult, I have, at some poin to get home (Copenhagen) and am tryin to figure what is the best and cheapest way to get home. I will be walking for ablout 3 weeks, and am fine by nott going by santiago, so my options are quite open. I was thinking that maybe flying out of asturias was an option, but I am geting quite lost in trying to connect the different airlines, and everytime i have an idea there is no connection at the other end, or it is quie expensive...

or maybe the prices just gone up in general, so far i paid 50% more for the outbound alone than i did for the return last year, and i am a month earlier booking this year...

last year i walked Burgos - Asorga, so I am uncertaion if i will skip this or walk again, i think if the company is worthwile I will probably walk it or else i may cut up to the primitivo or northern for a spell

well anyways, creative ideas are accepted gratefully

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back