Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Contact info ? Number to reserve albergue in Villavieja.

OzAnnie

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Oct/Nov 2022_Mozarabe from Almeria
Hi
Three of us are trying to make contact a few days early for Villavieja albergue.
We know we have to carry food etc but not sure what the actual
Number is to WhatsApp them
@wisepilgrim app gives a number starting with ‘9’ which isn’t a WhatsApp number and I only get a pre recorded message which I don’t understand.

Another question ; would they perchance have a washing machine there ? (@Robo - do you recall ?)

Last edited:
The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Hi
Three of us are trying to make contact a few days early for Villavieja albergue.
@wisepilgrim app gives a number starting with ‘9’ which isn’t a WhatsApp number and I only get a pre recorded message which I don’t understand.

Another question ; would they perchance have a washing there ?
Hi there,
The phone number I used was a land line to the ayuntamiento, number on gronze, only during business hours, M-F. You can also email them, also on gronze. I’ll go look for the numbers now.
Buen Camino,
MaryEllen

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Ah thanks Mary Ellen. It now makes sense.
Our time is right and phone number agrees with yours but it’s ‘Saturday ‘.
I have also emailed. But thanks for reply. Being Saturday is the problem.
I’ve sent email today too. (Sat 30th sept)
We hope to get in on monday 2nd October.
Annie.

Hi

Another question ; would they perchance have a washing machine there ? (@Robo - do you recall ?)
When I was there Sept 2021, they had a washing machine. They did not have any charge listed so I just left a few extra euros in the box.

I emailed the address listed above on the day before a public holiday (15 August) without much hope of a reply so was very happy to get a reply a couple of hours later with details to get into the albergue. (i had tried phoning but didn't get through to any humans)

So i would expect that you will get s reply at the latest on Monday morning. It's a really lovely albergue. You do need to bring food though!

P.s. I walked to the castle in the afternoon, it is well worth a visit.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Great to hear from all of you. We are in Ponferrada this afternoon. (Sunday ). Had a very very very leisurely lunch (con vino ).
Decided that instead of rushing about after checking in to albergue guíana (65€ for 3 private room with bathroom ) that we would leave laundry today and use the facilities in Villavieja (thanks @khiker9 - I’m advised that it has everything except (bring your own food ). So we hope to get a response Monday morning with a code to access it. 🙏🙏

I have walked the invierno myself begore in 2018 (the Villavieja option wasn’t available then )… but my memory of the invierno was a beautiful walk WHEREAS the previous days on the CF to Ponferrada have been quite a struggle for me. Loose shale and calves turning to jelly by the time of arrived in el acebo last night. A lot more difficult for me than the last time 10 years ago in 2013.

Bring on the invierno.
🥾🥾🥾🥾🥾🥾

Last edited:
I am just a few days ahead of you on the Invierno. Hope you enjoy it as much as I am. Very few other pilgrims so far.
Hi @pinkwadingbird
Good to hear from you.
Chatting to another Peregrino in Ponferrada this afternoon. He is heading that way tomorrow also but continuing to Las médulas . (I walked there myself in 2018 but I was exhausted ). I’m happy to split into 2 days and feel fresh enough to look around Las médulas with fresh legs
Buen camino.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
When I was there Sept 2021, they had a washing machine. They did not have any charge listed so I just left a few extra euros in the box.
The suggested donation is 10 Euros/night. I forget if that was on the box itself or in the email I got from them.

The suggested donation is 10 Euros/night. I forget if that was on the box itself or in the email I got from them.
Our stay there went well on Oct 2nd.
There were 9 staying there that night, 2 of which were travelling in reverse. Very peaceful. We made use of the washing machine and dryer., as did the others. It gets through it all rather quickly.
The payment box notes 10euro per night per person.
It was a really tough climb though.

Our stay there went well on Oct 2nd.
There were 9 staying there that night, 2 of which were travelling in reverse. Very peaceful. We made use of the washing machine and dryer., as did the others. It gets through it all rather quickly.
The payment box notes 10euro per night per person.
It was a really tough climb though.
Yeah, that started out as a really pleasant, easy walk out of Ponferrada, but by the time I got to Villavieja, I was wiped out! There were people who went on quite a bit after that place to the next place (maybe Las Medulas? I forget), and I couldn't believe it. That was tough enough for me! But what a beautiful, comfortable place!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi @pinkwadingbird
Good to hear from you.
Chatting to another Peregrino in Ponferrada this afternoon. He is heading that way tomorrow also but continuing to Las médulas . (I walked there myself in 2018 but I was exhausted ). I’m happy to split into 2 days and feel fresh enough to look around Las médulas with fresh legs
Buen camino.
Yeah, Las Medulas is its own climb. No way I would have been up for getting all the way there from Ponferrada in 1 day! There were several points on that route that it just seemed better to break things up more than the standard guides suggested.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi Folks can anyone advise about the ease. or lack of ease. of pack transport along the Invierno route? Many Thanks Michael.
We’re scoping out accommodation on the Invierno, and @C clearly noticed that Pensión As Viñas is on booking. There is an annotation “new to booking.” Many of us stayed there before the albergue...
Peñalba de Santiago with its 10C untouched Mozarabic church and its traditional stone houses with slate roofs and dark wooden balconies is a real gem (and don’t forget the hermit cave of San...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.