• ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Credencial for the San Salvador

JackyV

Time of past OR future Camino
5/6 - 27/6
Hi all!

I’m planning on starting my Camino journey next week in León; completing the San Salvador to Oviedo and then joining onto the Camino Primitivo.

My overriding concern is that I will arrive relatively late into León (around 21h - 22h), and my plan is to stay the night in a hotel due to the long day of planes, trains, and buses… I plan on starting my Camino the following morning (preferably as early as I can manage) which poses the issue that I’m unsure where or how I will be able to obtain my Credencial, as I know the places where I’d normally be able to get this from will likely be closed.

Could anyone inform me as to whether I will be able to get a Credencial in the morning (preferably before 8am) and where from?

Any other advice for the San Salvador is also greatly appreciated!

Thanks all 🙏

Ideal pocket guides for during and after your Camino. Each weighs just 40g (1.4 oz).
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I was there two days ago and no one appeared to open the reception until 11am. But maybe you could contact them before you go.

I imagined Carbajalas would be the only place to get one, I’ll try to get in touch to see if it’s a possibility. If not, well I suppose a day to appreciate León wouldn’t do me any harm 😅

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I imagined Carbajalas would be the only place to get one, I’ll try to get in touch to see if it’s a possibility. If not, well I suppose a day to appreciate León wouldn’t do me any harm 😅

It's been six years, but I got my credential at Albergue de Peregrinos "San Francisco de Asís". According to their website they still supply them.

Jacky, you can't leave León before visiting the catherdal (and having some wine and tapas)

I don't know your home country but you can get a credencial before you go. In the UK contact the Confraternity of St James or in the US from American Pilgrims on the Camino. That way you arrive with your credential and can leave as early as you like. Just make sure you get your credential stamped at your hotel or on the way out of town. I did this last year on the Camino Ingles - no problem at all. Hope this helps.

Ideal pocket guides for during and after your Camino. Each weighs just 40g (1.4 oz).
I don't know your home country but you can get a credencial before you go.
You are right, but the question is about the credencial for San Salvador (it is a bit special, showing the steps of this Camino). Of course a standard credencial is allowed, but the one you get in convento is nice.

You are right, but the question is about the credencial for San Salvador (it is a bit special, showing the steps of this Camino). Of course a standard credencial is allowed, but the one you get in convento is nice.
Ah .... This is good to know, thank you!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.