• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Credencial in Santiago?

dermotlavelle

Hi there...we (couple) are walking the final section of the Camino Frances from Sarria to Santiago de Compostela over 5 days this coming Easter. We arrive into Santiago airport on a Wednesday morning and are getting a bus to Sarria that same evening. However, we firstly need to go into Santiago city centre to drop off some luggage at a hotel we plan to stay at when we finish the walk (we are staying in Santiago for a few days after the walk). Will it be possible for us to get our Camino 'passports' (credencial) in Sanitago when we are there the day we arrive before getting the bus to Sarria? I know you can them from the society of St. James in Ireland in advance of travelling but if we don't go with that option I'm wondering if we can get them in Santiago. I hear they are available in Sarria also but it may be late when we get there Wednesday evening and we plan to start walking early Thursday morning so the Sarria office may be closed at both those times. Many thanks in advance!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
The Pilgrim Office has credentials. Explain your plans. They don't sell them to go FROM Santiago, but will sell them if you are headed somewhere else in order to GO to Santiago.

Hi,
Apparently it's good practice to get two stamps ( sellos) a day if you are walking the last 100 km . Not difficult to do though...
Buen camino

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Apparently it's good practice to get two stamps ( sellos) a day if you are walking the last 100 km
The requirement for two sellos a day is written on the credential!
La Credencial también explica claramente que cada peregrino debería poner en la credencial dos sellos al día, al menos en los últimos 100 Km., en el caso de los peregrinos a pie o a caballo, o en los últimos 200 Km. para los peregrinos en bici. El resto de las páginas de la credencial contiene casillas para ir sellando a lo largo de la ruta de peregrinación. Los sellos se consiguen normalmente en los lugares donde duermen los peregrinos, como los albergues, pero también se pueden obtener en parroquias, monasterios, catedrales, hostales, ayuntamientos y otros lugares.

Doh :oops:
Doesn't hurt to mention it here though, in case of difficulty in translating that info ? :)

pilgrim-books/topic15660.html

babelfish
Chrome or Google translate

No one (almost) on the Camino speaks English, and your credential will have the instructions in Spanish! It is never too early to learn to deal with that. :D

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

Most read last week in this forum

Zubiri was full early yesterday (by 2:30, according to some pilgrims who came to Pamplona today), but Zubiri opened up a municipal building just past the town for some pilgrims to sleep on the...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
My friend is trying to figure out bookings/lodging. She started in SJPDP Friday, ended up walking the Winter route to Roncesvalles in one day, only to find no bed so bused back to SJPDP to sleep...
Hello everyone, This is a cry for help. I post this on behalf of my wife, who is walking the camino at the moment. Her backpack was taken away from the reception of the albergue Benedictina's...
Within the past few hours there have been two stories on local news media reporting that the Guardia Civil have been successful in returning lost passports to pilgrims. One in Najera, the other in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back