• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.
Resource icon

Cycling & Walking the Camino de Santiago Book - minimal price allowed om Amazon 2017-03-04

No permission to download

Mike Newton

Time of past OR future Camino
Cycled Caminoin 2014, 2015,2016 with my wife who walked the whole way. I had a problem with my left foot that is still not fixed now so could not walk.
Mike Newton submitted a new resource:

Cycling & Walking the Camino de Santiago Book - now free - My wife Naoko walked and I cycled the Camino over 5 weeks split between 3 periods in 2014-16. I had hoped to walk the Camino but had a bad pain in my left foot just before the start caused by 2 Morton's neuromas, and have spent £1500 trying to fix it but I still have pain now if I walk too far so I cycled all the way in the end. My wife developed plantar fasciitis after about 100km of our 2015 trip but she walked or hobbled on for another 200km. I would have given up.
The third trip in 2016 was after the Brexit vote and I took along a shirt with 'We love the EU' on the front, and 'We hate Boris' on the back. I asked quite a few people that I met along the way if they would wear the shirt. It was certainly a way to get people talking.

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Seems it isn't free anymore, so you might want to change your title ;-) Buen Camino, SY

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Seems it isn't free anymore, so you might want to change your title ;-) Buen Camino, SY
Thanks for your comment. I have changed the title and added a few extra words. There are plenty of blogs but I enhanced my blog after the Camino to include maps of the sections & the populations & elevations of the villages that my wife walked through. What makes my story slightly unusual is that I had to cycle due to a foot problem, with my wife walking.
It sounds like you might be walking the Camino so good luck. If I can finally get ride of my Morton's neuromas that I might try to walk the Camino. It was certainly a fascinating experience. Buen Camino