• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Daily backpack transfer?

Rionajmc

Time of past OR future Camino
SJPP - Burgos (2012)
Pau - Santiago (2017).
Rota Vicentina (Dec 2017)
Porto - Finisterre (2018)
Hello all! Apologies if someone has covered this already, but my mother is looking to join me for a few days during my second CF, and it's unlikely she can manage a backpack.

I think there are more options the closer one gets to Santiago, but does anyone have experiences/ advice on how to arrange daily backpack transfers earlier on? Say, around the Burgos area, or Leon? Is it something you can easily arrange without booking ahead/ staying in specific accommodation? Any help appreciated!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi Rionajmc, I hope this helps: Having injured my ankle last time, I wanted to go on but couldn't manage my pack for a long way. It is very easy to transfer a pack, and all Albegues/hostels offer this service - except one or two that require you to arrive and leave with your pack. There are a number of services and it's good to ask where you are staying, they have envelopes to put your money in ( 5-8 €, depending on the taxi transfer), and details on - and your destination Albergue. People are very helpful and will tell you what to do and where to leave your pack for collection. You can set-off in the morning and leave your pack for collection! Any more questions please don't hesitate to ask. Buen Camino! Keith

Ditto on what Keith writes. I met people who never carried their bags and just used the transfers everyday. In fact one couple had come with a suitcase each and just had the 2 suitcases transferred everyday while they did their walking. There are a couple of services. Jacotrans is one. You and your mother should have no trouble.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Thanks Ncali12 and Ralph Keith, I really appreciate the answers!

R

The postal service is good and less expensive, one price from where you start to Santiago.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
I'm encountering some issues with dates because I'm starting in Belorado (where I ended last time) in early March. So.....your dates matter!

Most read last week in this forum