• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Dec/Xmas-New Year camino

rajee37

Time of past OR future Camino
Hope to walk to Camino Frances in Dec 2015
I'm planning to do my first Camino in Dec from St Jean Pied de Port, and am wondering since it'll be over the festive period, will many public/ donation alberges be open? Is about 30 days sufficient - I don't want to kill myself rushing but wish to savour the experience and enjoy every day.
I'm on a bit of a budget, unfortunately.
Many thanks for any assistance/ advice in advance.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

I walked last year at that time and alburges are limited but there is always enough so you don't have to worry a place to stay.you can get a list when you start and ask wherever you stay what's open ahead. As for your budget most of the alburges where at 15 euros a night so you can probly get by on 25 euros a day .30_days is do able but depending on weather and some rest days 35might be better. Its a great time to walk and I hope this helps beun Camino

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Most read last week in this forum