• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Deep Tissue Massage

rglongpre

Time of past OR future Camino
Le Puy - Figeac (2012); Camino Frances (August 28, 2015)
I will be walking from Figeac to Logrono for the second stage of my three stage walk from Le Puy to Santiago. The first stage taught me that I need to get periodic deep tissue massages in order to alleviate hip pain (deteriorating hip joint). Getting older sucks big time.

My question - are there good massage services between Figeac and Logrono? Where and what costs? (need to plan the budget) I don't want to have to give up the Camino.

Robert

A selection of Camino Jewellery
For a question involving such detailed local knowledge, I think I would turn to the local tourism office or your gite host. The folks at Gite Ultreia in Moissac are wonderfully helpful.

I have seen and heard of massage therapists all along the Camino. Some advertise, some do not. I'd say your best bet is to ask your hospitalero in each albergue. They often know of local massage therapists.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Thank you, Annie, for the encouragement. Something tells me that I need to do this if I am to avoid being forced out of walking. At this point I am not sure whether or not, walking makes the problem worse (I don't think so) or if walking is my salvation.

Buen Camino!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi. Here's a problem to which I can't find a solution. Any suggestions gratefully received! Last October I walked from Le Puy to Conques, but had to return home due to a family crisis. I'm very...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back