• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Directions in Logrono

clearskiescamino

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Too many to mention...
Hi folks.
I get a bus to Logrono from Madrid early on the 4th of September and then plan to walk to Navarrete.
Now my question is what is the easiest way to get from the bus station (which is on the east side of the town) to Calle Duques de Najera and the park? I suppose Google maps will provide me with that answer but I prefer asking those who may be familiar with the town.

Thanks!!
David

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi folks.
I get a bus to Logrono from Madrid early on the 4th of September and then plan to walk to Navarrete.
Now my question is what is the easiest way to get from the bus station (which is on the east side of the town) to Calle Duques de Najera and the park? I suppose Google maps will provide me with that answer but I prefer asking those who may be familiar with the town.

Thanks!!
David

David, we just started our latest mini-Camino at the Logroño bus station a couple of weeks back.

The short answer is, just go out the front door of the bus station, start walking west and ask someone. That's what we did.

The long answer probably won't make sense without looking at Google Maps...

Our westward route took us down Avenida Pérez Galdos. When Pérez Galdos teed into another street, a local saw us looking confused and pointed us to the Camino. We saw the arrows within a block or so after that.

However, if Calle Duques de Nájera is a landmark for you, it looks like you can take a hard left out of the front door of the bus station and walk south on Calle General Vara de Rey, then in three long blocks you'll hit Duques de Nájera and take a right.

I'd recommend looking at the map anyway:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/E...2dc90266b37d419!8m2!3d42.4599404!4d-2.4442168

The walk out of Logroño is lovely. Enjoy!

I followed the Yellow Arrows from Viana to Najera.

I don't recall the route passing a bus station.

I'd suggest looking at a google map; Logroño is big enough in which to get lost.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
David, we just started our latest mini-Camino at the Logroño bus station a couple of weeks back.

The short answer is, just go out the front door of the bus station, start walking west and ask someone. That's what we did.

Our westward route took us down Avenida Pérez Galdos. When Pérez Galdos teed into another street, a local saw us looking confused and pointed us to the Camino. We saw the arrows within a block or so after that.

However, if Calle Duques de Nájera is a landmark for you, it looks like you can take a hard left out of the front door of the bus station and walk south on Calle General Vara de Rey, then in three long blocks you'll hit Duques de Nájera and take a right.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Estación+de+Autobuses+de+Logroño/@42.4594655,-2.4622842,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x32dc90266b37d419!8m2!3d42.4599404!4d-2.4442168

Hi Im new to this site, but hope to do similar. flying into Santander (want to combine beach break with camino) so hope to travel to Logrono and walk to Santo Domingo. not sure about distance from Santander an public transport - only testing the camino and walking for three days and don't want to waste time travelling - any suggestion maybe for a walking route nearer to Santander which wouldn't be too challenging. cheers

David , I see you are not new to the camino - why not spend the night in Logrono , the paroquial albergue is an incredible experience?
Whichever way , head for the cathedral spires in the old town and pick the route up from there?

Last edited:
David , I see you are not new to the camino - why not spend the night in Logrono , the paroquial albergue is an incredible experience?
Whichever way , head for the cathedral spires in the old town and pick the route up from there?

David, Renshaw is right, another option is to go from the bus station to the cathedral first. By Google Maps, that would only cost you an extra kilometer of walking. (We had been in Logroño last year and were eager to hit the trail, which is why we headed straight out of town.)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Recently back from Logrono to Dublin! If you turn left from the bus station, onto Genl. Vara del Rey, after three blocks, turn right (westward) onto Calle Duque de Nájera, and seven blocks later, to the left, you'll see the blue bridge into Parque San Miguel--arrows from there.
I'll leave a copy of the map in the Info Centre for you when I'm on duty on May 26th!

I like Logrono but as I arrive in early, I just want to get about walking..and sure 12km is easy peasy..:)...if I manage to find the arrows that is.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Estación+de+Autobuses+de+Logroño/@42.4594655,-2.4622842,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x32dc90266b37d419!8m2!3d42.4599404!4d-2.4442168

Thanks for your help! I can see myself asking for directions. Luckily I have ok Spanish.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
David, Renshaw is right, another option is to go from the bus station to the cathedral first. By Google Maps, that would only cost you an extra kilometer of walking. (We had been in Logroño last year and were eager to hit the trail, which is why we headed straight out of town.)

And to the Cathedral I shall go.

Recently back from Logrono to Dublin! If you turn left from the bus station, onto Genl. Vara del Rey, after three blocks, turn right (westward) onto Calle Duque de Nájera, and seven blocks later, to the left, you'll see the blue bridge into Parque San Miguel--arrows from there.
I'll leave a copy of the map in the Info Centre for you when I'm on duty on May 26th!

Silverton, are you coming along to the hike in Bray on the 27th? If you are, bring it with you :)

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
For those who might want to transport a bag, here are the envelopes of two companies. The envelopes can be found at most places to stay along the Camino. Fill out the info and slip the money in...
I am flying to Santiago via Dublin and have about a 10 hour layover. I arrive 0830 and my flight on Ryanair is not till 1930. Any suggestions on how I can spend my time? Is it practical to go...
Flying to MAD from the US. After I clear customs, can I remain airside to get to my connecting flight to SdC or do I have to exit to groundside and go back through security in the Domestic...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
A friend due to walk from Sarria to SdC next month is now injured still wants to go along with group walking. Any advice on transport options for him to go from Stage to Stage. All options...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back