• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Do It Yourself Guidebook

Paintboy2

Time of past OR future Camino

Last year on my first Camino (CP) I was a little nervous about getting lost so I printed a rather detailed set of maps that I found on this web site: http://www.caminador.es/?page_id=117 . It seemed logical to also print my flight info and hotel reservations along with the various travel tickets. What I ended up with was my own customized guidebook.

We leave in a month for the CDN and this time I did it again. It contains all of my travel information, travel docs, route maps and descriptions from Gronze.com, list of accommodations for each town, a cheat sheet of Spanish phrases, and some other misc. information that I wanted at hand.

Best of all, like last year, I use it as a diary of the trip and write notes on the pages as I go through each day. For those of you wondering about weight, it is 5.5" x 8.5", spiral bound and 4.3 ounces.

I know, I have a Camino app downloaded too but phones break. This ends up being a great and useful souvenir of the trip.
Buen Camino

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Nice! There are many ways to handle a Camino's logistics. There isn't a 'right' way, just a 'right for you' way. Yours sounds like a great approach to me.

Have a fantastic walk on the CDN - let us know how it goes.

I did someething similar when I walked less known Caminos in Europe for which information was hard to find and no guide books existed ;-) Well done and Buen Camino, SY

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I did the same in my iPhone. Created a PDF doc with all the details I wanted! But I understand how some people prefer the hard copy!

I am a geek for all the research!!!

I did the same in my iPhone. Created a PDF doc with all the details I wanted! But I understand how some people prefer the hard copy!

This is exactly my plan. I'll be backing it up on Google Drive, such that if something does go unfortunately and spectacularly south, I can find an internet cafe somewhere in the next bigger city and print the thing.

This is exactly my plan. I'll be backing it up on Google Drive, such that if something does go unfortunately and spectacularly south, I can find an internet cafe somewhere in the next bigger city and print the thing.
That's what I was thinking too!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum