• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Does anyone recognize this name (owner perhaps) from an albergue/hostel?

ctay122

Time of past OR future Camino
2020 Camino Frances
I know this sounds silly, but I filled out a few forms the last 2 weeks directly on the internet for reservations on the Camino Frances and I got a reply from someone who answered me today, but it is not from the hostel name. Before I send an email back and feel like a fool, I thought I would ask if anyone knows a Andres Reyes Herreras, and if so, what albergue he owns/runs. Thanks for any help. His email does not give any indication of what albergue, it is from a yahoo email.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi ctay122 - I think that since his message does not identify the albergue you could reply and ask him to confirm the name as you have been booking multiple accommodations and you’d like to make sure you’re communicating with the right albergue / town / person.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
If you know the towns you wrote to, you could go to gronze.com and search the albergue list for those places. Most of the listings contain the name of the “encargado” (person in charge).

Could be someone's name at an albergue in Herreriás? And there are any number of streets of that name along the Camino.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
The same thing happened to me when I made reservations here:. Albergue Villamayor de Monjardín. He never responded to my question about the albergue name but the reservation was made and ready when I arrived. I was to pay when I arrived so I didn't have to send payment information.

Over the years I often stayed in the private Albergue de VillaMayor de Monjardin. It was GREAT and state of the art with hyper clean, small dorms each with near-by shower and loo. The family who ran it were most kind and helpful. What a treat!

Last edited:
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Got it. It was an albergues in Hontanas.
https://www.puntido.com/. I recommend this albergue.it is across from the church which has one of the best Pilgrim blessings and on the whole Camino. The community dinner is excellent and I've made friends there every time I've stayed

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Hello!!

I can’t answer your question but I’m stopping by to ask if you know gronze.com!
I made 90% of my reservations by this website andI had no problem at all! It gives you a list of all shelters/accommodations in the area you will sleep, with names and phone numbers and email!
it helped me a lot!
The site is very easy to navigating!
Hope I could help!
Buen Camino

Cstay,
had the exact same situation during this week. I had booked at San Brigida in Hotanas and received a reply from Andreas who seemed to be in Alb Juan de Ypres. However all is sorted now. One person owns both Alb San Brigida and Alb. San Brigida Juan de Ypres. Both seem to be of very high standard. However I have now opted for Juan de Ypres because it is bigger and I will therefore have the opportunity of meeting more people.
Maybe we will meet, I hope to be there 27th April.
Buen Camino

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum