Search 62305 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Donate gently used boots while on the Camino

Kasee

Time of past OR future Camino
Sept. 2022
I’m in Fromista right now and have decided that my Hoka hiking boots are too narrow for me now. They are gently used, but in great shape. I’d like to give them to someone who might be able to use them. If I took them to an albergue, would they put them in a free box for someone who could use them or does this not happen?

Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.

SabineP

Veteran Member
some and then more. see my signature.
I’m in Fromista right now and have decided that my Hoka hiking boots are too narrow for me now. They are gently used, but in great shape. I’d like to give them to someone who might be able to use them. If I took them to an albergue, would they put them in a free box for someone who could use them or does this not happen?

The free box is certainly a good idea!

Most probably you will be going to Carrion de los Condes tomorrow?
Some albergues there are run by Sisters. They might know who in the local community could use decent shoes. The Sisters of the albergue Espiritu Santo ( very nice albergue ! ) for instance.

Buen Camino!

Kasee

Sept. 2022
The free box is certainly a good idea!

Most probably you will be going to Carrion de los Condes tomorrow?
Some albergues there are run by Sisters. They might know who in the local community could use decent shoes. The Sisters of the albergue Espiritu Santo ( very nice albergue ! ) for instance.

Buen Camino!
Just dropped the boots off and was invited to the sing-along tonight. Thanks for the great suggestion!

SabineP

Veteran Member
some and then more. see my signature.
Just dropped the boots off and was invited to the sing-along tonight. Thanks for the great suggestion!

Yeah! Good to hear. I guess you are referring to this albergue and Sisters? Enjoy!

For such a small town Carrion de los Condes has quite some albergues run by nuns.

Kasee

Sept. 2022
Yeah! Good to hear. I guess you are referring to this albergue and Sisters? Enjoy!

For such a small town Carrion de los Condes has quite some albergues run by nuns.
Yup! Thanks again!

Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store
How to Successfully Prepare for Your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi Folks, I've been trawling online for hours without success. Maybe someone can help? I'm looking for a phone charger for my Samsung s22 Ultra, but the european plug version. Ideally with dual...
Hi 👋 can anyone that has recently been on the camono say if you deffinatly need a sleeping bag 🤔 or could I get away with just a lining....appreciate some guidance, thank you in advance 👣 buan...
All rules are broken at sometime or another. And I’ve just broken my rule of not getting on the Internet while I’m walking. But I’m not sure exactly what to do. I have a pair of Black Diamond...

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2022 Camino Guides