• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Donate gently used boots while on the Camino

Kasee

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances: '22, '23, '24
Portugues: 23
Invierno: 24
I’m in Fromista right now and have decided that my Hoka hiking boots are too narrow for me now. They are gently used, but in great shape. I’d like to give them to someone who might be able to use them. If I took them to an albergue, would they put them in a free box for someone who could use them or does this not happen?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

The free box is certainly a good idea!

Most probably you will be going to Carrion de los Condes tomorrow?
Some albergues there are run by Sisters. They might know who in the local community could use decent shoes. The Sisters of the albergue Espiritu Santo ( very nice albergue ! ) for instance.

Buen Camino!

Just dropped the boots off and was invited to the sing-along tonight. Thanks for the great suggestion!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Just dropped the boots off and was invited to the sing-along tonight. Thanks for the great suggestion!

Yeah! Good to hear. I guess you are referring to this albergue and Sisters? Enjoy!

For such a small town Carrion de los Condes has quite some albergues run by nuns.

Yup! Thanks again!

Most read last week in this forum