• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Early April - SJPP to Santiago - first time pilgrim

André2112

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances + Finesterre April/May (2018)
Camino Norte August (2020)
Hi,

thank you for accepting me as a member in this forum. Really starting to get excited about this. Will arrive in Bilbao by air early on the 4th of April, any suggestions on how I will get myself to SJPP with be highly appreciated :)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Welcome Andre,

Sure someone will be along soon with better advice but rome2rio.com is a good tool for working out public transport.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Take the city bus right outside the terminal to the main bus terminal. Then take a bus to Pamplona. Then take another bus to SJPdP. I did this last April. Sounds more complicated than it is. I did spend the night in Pamplona due to the bus schedule out of Pamplona.
Buen Camino

I did purchase my bus tickets prior to arriving in Spain (except for the city bus), and reserved a bed at an albergue in Pamplona.

Rome2Rio is an amazing resource for travel as Dorpie said.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I spent the night in Bilbao then walked over to the bus terminal and bought a ticket to Pamplona just like
Dave C but by leaving before noon I was able to catch a 16:00 bus to St Jean. I believe the bus line was ALSA and as others have said Rome2rio will get you the details.
Good Luck and Buen Camino

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Gay, I’m new to the forum as I’m walking my first Camino, the Camino Ingles beginning the 20th of June 2024 and wondering if there are any AA meetings along that route
Oh oh oh, After more then seven and a half weeks of rain in Belgium and France, last week weather is better, I walked into Irun today! 🙏 Feels like the last nine weeks my life was in a fridge but...
Hi walking the Norte starting in late August. Would appreciate hearing from anyone else who has/is starting in August.
Hi, I’m new to the group as I’m finally hiking my first El Camino this month, El Camino Ingles, beginning June 21, 2024
Hello! I and my friend Cecilia will walk Camino Ingles with start 4th of October. We are so excited to our first but not last Camino. Buen Camino to all of you.
Hello, my name is Wendy and I walked the Camino Primitivo in September 2022 and I’m planning to walk the full Camino Portugues from Lisbon to Santiago beginning September 7, 2024, in honor of my...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.