• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Easiest way to the airport.

zeke00

In my eager to arrive home as early as possible after my Camino, I have booked a flight early in the morning (0700) from Santiago airport. Foolishly I booked it before checking the bus-schedule. Now I see that it is to early for any buses and a taxi is to expensive, I think.
So, how do I get to the airport? Can I walk there (but then I will be starting in the middle of the night) or is there any overnight accommondation somewhere near?
Perhaps this will be no problem at all once in Santiago. Perhaps I am passing the airport on my way to Santiago (hard to see on the map I have). I just want to know before I leave home on May 9. Right now I have just enough worries in my mind. If someone out there can help me, I will get rid of one at least.

I am grateful for any advice you have.

Buen Camino

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hei Nisse,

A taxi from Santiago to the airport is about 12-15 euros (there is a fix price, but I don't remember how much it is). It is a 15 minute drive with no traffic. I would recommend a taxi.

There are no hotels right by the airport, there are one hostal or 1 or 2 star hotel a few kilometer from the airport, but I do not know much about them. This one claim to be close to the airport, but I think it is still a few kilometers away:
http://www.rjacobea.com/hotel.html

If can afford the taxi ride, I would still recommend living in Santiago and using a taxi out to the airport.

Lykke til!
Ivar

ivar said:
This one claim to be close to the airport, but I think it is still a few kilometers away:
http://www.rjacobea.com/hotel.html

I have stopped in that hotel (there are a clutch of them of varying standards on the main road just off the Camino Frances at Lavacolla). It's a standard airport hotel, rather overpriced and characterless.

The Camino Frances goes past the airport perimeter, but are you suggesting you would walk along the Camino without actually going into Santiago???

I would agree with Ivar: stop overnight in the city centre and book a taxi for the morning.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum