• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • Hi Please note that the posts below are created automatically when a new Resource is created in the Camino Resource section. Users can only make replies to the topics below, not create new threads.

Buen Camino!
    Ivar

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

El Camino San Olav - A Walker's Guide

El Camino San Olav - A Walker's Guide Version 1.2 2016.10.18

No permission to download

alexwalker

Forever Pilgrim
Time of past OR future Camino
2009-2022: CFx6, CP, VdlPx2, Mozarabe, more later.
alexwalker submitted a new resource:

El Camino San Olav - A Walker's Guide - A complete guide with links to important help and documentation. All you need to walk this Camino.

This is, to my knowledge, the only written guide to El Camino San Olav. It includes descriptions of every stage, including photos, distances, accomodations, and much more you will need to walk this Camino in confidence.

Read more about this resource...

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
This is amazing and your wonderful guide is much appreciated. It's downloaded so I can detour on the next Frances trip. My ancestors are from Bergen, Eidsvoll and Vikersund so I found the linked story fascinating. Tusen takk for sharing this unique side trip!

Takk, takk, Alexwalker!
Will be in Burgos in end of October, perhaps I change plans and walk there. Excellent work!!

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Takk, takk, Alexwalker!
Will be in Burgos in end of October, perhaps I change plans and walk there. Excellent work!!
Thank you, fellow Norwegian!

I can highly recommend this walk: It is an oasis of peace and living outside the rush. And SO friendly and forthcoming people along the way. I will post more tomorrow about my walk.

I'll share this with the Norwegin Facebook group Pilegrim, we need more attention on this walk among Norwegians!

alexwalker updated El Camino San Olav - A Walker's Guide with a new update entry:

Added a useful link, updated grammar etc.

This is, to my knowledge, the only written guide to El Camino San Olav, a 3-day walk from Burgos to Covarrubias, ca. 60 kms south, where a Norwegian princess from the 12th century lies in her sarcophagus in the church there.

It includes descriptions of every stage, including photos, distances, accomodations, and much more you will need to walk this Camino in confidence.

This is a free download for you.

Read the rest of this update entry...

A selection of Camino Jewellery
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Greetings Alex.
After our meetings on the camino in 2015, my wife and I have walked Camino Portugues in May 2016. When arriving inSantiago, I said :" Never again!" Two days later we started planning our next Camino.It is contagious!!!! We hope to walk El Camino San Olav some time in 2017, but before that we will walk The St.Andrews Way in Scotland. (Edinburgh to St.Andrews). I liked your blog about earworms some time ago. Mine is "Lord want you by me a Mescedes Benz". I "met" Janis Joplin first time on my camino in 2007 when walking along a road with heavy traffic and I was tired with a very heavy rucksac. Ever since then, this tune comes into my head at the strangest times when walking.
I might get in touch for more info about camino St:Olav. ( I write in English to be polite with the other readers )
Best wishes from Borkenes
Ketty & Willie

Greetings Alex.
After our meetings on the camino in 2015, my wife and I have walked Camino Portugues in May 2016. When arriving inSantiago, I said :" Never again!" Two days later we started planning our next Camino.It is contagious!!!! We hope to walk El Camino San Olav some time in 2017, but before that we will walk The St.Andrews Way in Scotland. (Edinburgh to St.Andrews). I liked your blog about earworms some time ago. Mine is "Lord want you by me a Mescedes Benz". I "met" Janis Joplin first time on my camino in 2007 when walking along a road with heavy traffic and I was tired with a very heavy rucksac. Ever since then, this tune comes into my head at the strangest times when walking.
I might get in touch for more info about camino St:Olav. ( I write in English to be polite with the other readers )
Best wishes from Borkenes
Ketty & Willie
Hello there! Contagious indeed!

Feel free to make contact: My phone no. is on the front page of my guide.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.