• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

End September 2024 - first time Camino

Westmalle

Time of past OR future Camino
2024 Ingles
So, after having received some advice here on forum, the decision is Camino Ingles, end of September. I am average fit, right now walk around 10km daily, but not in the hills.
My SO will be joining me, he's quite fit, but still I don't want to rush, so will break the classic stages into more doable (for me) ones.
We'll be searching for private rooms and good wi-fi connections in these locations will be required.
This is my initial idea, but meanwhile I was reading about Ingles, I understood that day 3 ise the toughest.
I decided to make a day 4 bit shorter after day 3 climb up.
But the breakdown between day 3 and 6 does not really convince me.
I would love to stop at Betanzos (already seen it and liked a lot), but what I read is that Minò is a nice town as well.
So questionmarks on days 3-6 based also on the fact that we'll be going for private rooms..

TappaKm
1​
Ferrol - Neda
13,77​
2​
Neda - Pontedeume
14,65​
3​
Pontedeume - Betanzos
19,62​
4​
Betanzos - Presedo
11,3​
5​
Presedo - O Outeiro
22,42​
6​
O Outeiro - Sigueiro
14,46​
7​
Sigueiro - SdC
15,84​

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
From memory Presedo is tiny, just the Albergue ( 1 large room, 12/14 beds) and a bar around a km away. You might want to consider staying two nights in either Bentanzos or O Outerieo and taxiing to and fro.

As for now I don't really like the idea of taxing back and forth, but I may consider it if I don't find suitable solutions.
Any other way to break Betanzos - Sigueiro in 3 days with a some lodging options?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi Westmalle, good beer :)
maybe you can check this website they suggest shorter stages:

Hi Westmalle, good beer :)
maybe you can check this website they suggest shorter stages:

Very interesting website. I think I will follow this division. Thanks for help.
PS: my fave beer :p

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
For those booking in advance: when should I start lodging booking if I am walking end of September?

I think for April this year I booked about six weeks before. And that was for the week of semana Santa which is super busy. That was including the private albergue at Bruma ( beware, sometimes a large group can book that entire albergue regardless of the time of year), the rest were just cheap hotels. Near Bruma there is the also the ( not cheap) hotel.

I guess it depends a little on:
-are there any major public holidays at the time you wish to walk?
- the standard you're looking for
- how many options there are in the places you intend to stop.

You could always list everything out now and try booking three months out if you are very fixed on your dates?

Most people just walk and book one or two days ahead ( if at all) and are absolutely fine.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, finally plans for Camino Ingles become real, some accomodations, booked already, checking flights, etc..., starting 02june :) We are taking it slow, 8 days on the road, below are our stages...
We lost a set of black Leki trekking poles today between Ferrol and Neda just past the Monastario de San Martino. We sat down for a rest near the top of the hill amidst the houses. The poles were...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back