• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Face masks no longer required on bus/trains

Status
Not open for further replies.

green_spork

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Portugues
Aug/Sept (2017)
The Spanish health minister has just announced that from Wednesday the 8th of February, face masks will no longer be mandatory on public transport!

With the exception of hospitals and Pharmacies, that will still require masks to be worn!

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
The Spanish health minister has just announced that from Wednesday the 7 of February, face masks will no longer be mandatory on public transport!

With the exception of hospitals and Pharmacies, that will still require masks to be worn!
green spark,

The same is also true in France. However since it is winter and yearly influenza ie la Grippe still prevails most of us older folk have had their booster Covid shot ( my 5th), yearly anti Grippe shot and continue to wear a mask in public. Thus we continue hoping to protect ourselves and others.

Travelling back to the UK from Santiago on Friday I was surprised to discover that masks were still required on the bus to the airport and for the entire duration of the flight to London. During my walk from SJPDP the only time one had been required was on visiting a pharmacy.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Congratulations on finishing your Camino !!

I was very pleased to meet you in SJPP.

Not down here ; my sense is that things do vary regionally, and certain towns/cities versus countryside.

I did see over the course of 2021 and 2022 in Spain that towns and pueblos that had been harder hit by the pandemic than others were more masked-up than elsewhere.

Only a small minority here are in masks, though my doctor is still demanding it -- the clinic does have a history of geriatric care though, so it's likely patient-driven.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum