• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Finding baggage wrapping plastic in Biarritz

Time of past OR future Camino
April 25, 2016
My husband and I will be shipping our suitcases from Biarritz to Italy before we start our Camino at the end of April. Does anyone know of a place in Biarritz where we can find that stretchy plastic that we can wrap around our suitcases for shipping?

Thanks!

Barb and Erik

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Why don't you just buy a cheap roll of the stuff online or at a hardware store (called 'industrial stretch wrap' or 'pallet wrap') and take it with you? Otherwise, if you're in the mood for an adventure you might find it at a hardware store like Castorama, or whatever 'magasin de bricolage' equivalent they have in Biarritz.

Good point. We will be travelling around southern France with a car for two weeks so can likely find a hardware store. Truth be told, I had no idea what type of store to look for so your response gives me a starting point. Thanks!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I would go to any supermarket and buy a roll of kitchen cling film which works OK.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi Barb and Eric
I may be misinterpreting here, but I m understanding you to be flying into Biarritz then shipping suitcases off to Italy, where you will collect them later?
Could that be much more expensive than having them transported to Santiago de Compostela? for pick up there and then take them with you on plane to Italy . You'd have gear available when you arrived in SDC
There are a number of options for storage in SDC. As well as luggage transport along the Camino.
I'm no guru on this topic at all but wondered if you had investigated the option .

Buen Camino

Thanks OzAnnie - it turns out our Italian Accommodation cannot store our bags for that time so we are now going to ship them to SDC and pick them up there.

Most read last week in this forum