• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Finding Current Camino Resources: A Guide for Post-COVID Travelers

EL LECHERO

Friends no Strangers
Time of past OR future Camino
CF 2016 PRIMITIVO 2022 LE PUY 2023
How do I find up-to-date Camino resources without having to sift through a ton of dated pre covid?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Gronze, Wisepilgrim, Camino-ninja, Dave: they are all trying very hard to get and provide up-to-date information. Sadly the infrastructure on many Camino routes is in a precarious state and sad news emerges frequently.
Personally I wouldn’t do a lot of planning until a week or two before my flight. The environment is in flux.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I don’t think you’ll find any post-covid information, since we are nowhere near the finish line!

But more seriously, the search function brings up the most recent threads first, so a quick look at the date will give you a good idea of which threads are more likely to give current information, but as Tinca notes, be prepared for that info to become outdated before you trip!

How do I find up-to-date Camino resources without having to sift through a ton of dated pre covid?
If you are exploring private accommodations try booking.com. The site also includes many private albergues. If reservations are being taken for those dates it will give you of a good idea of housing that may be available now for future dates. But Omicron is in charge.
IF, as many expect Omicron recedes, I would venture to say that the popular Caminos will be in high demand. Booking .com allows most reservations to be canceled anywhere from the day of the reservation to a month ahead of time with most reservations allowing cancellation circa 3 days in advance. Do read the fine print when making reservations.

Most read last week in this forum