• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

finding my way, my camino documentary

cloud86

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino de Santiago: August - September 2013

Camino de Santiago: August - September 2019
Hi guys

I'm Craig, from Warrington, Cheshire I joined the site earlier this year and hiked El Camino de Santiago from August 19th - September 22nd. St jean -Santiago - Finisterre. This site was amazing for info and prepping my trip. It feels weird not logging into the app on a daily basis now. I'm planning a different backpacking trip next year, one that requires a little less walking, but still some.

The people you meet, are now friends for life and its something unique in a space and time that can never be repeated. (first camino anyways) One that left a an ever lasting footprint on me. I posted a video last month but at the time it didn't work on mobiles and tablets, which it now does. I had a few people ask me for a resend of the link, so here it is and check it out sometime. cheers again and buen Camino to past, present and future pilgrims!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Craig: You have walked a Camino - you GET it. I think you will find that between Caminos this forum is our "lifeline." It sustains us until our next Camino. When you are logged in, you are among friends and fellow pilgrims. We all get it, understand the profound and life-altering "after-action" feelings and the all too frequent "disconnects" with the "civilian" world - those who have not walked a Camino. It is a shared bond which remains with you always and forever. Until next time dude!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi Craig,
Just saw your video and loved it. My wife and I walked almost the same time you did. It was nice to relive it again with your video. At the end of the video,when you are showing pictures, there is one with 2 men from California (Pat and John). Do you have any contact information for them? We kept crossing paths with them, and I even have a picture of my wife and I with Pat and his "Terrible Towel" (we are both Steeler fans). I would love to get in contact with them again. You can PM me if you want. Thanks so much and thanks again for the great video!!
Jim

PS: My wife and I walked for our 25th wedding anniversary, so I did buy a room at the Leon Parador (it was only 189 Euro, tho)20130831_173402.jpg

Great video dude. Im also going to continue until 'The end of the world' looks beautiful there
God willing I should be about ten days ahead of you, hoping to start about 18th April again. I would definately recommend going on to Finisterra and the up the coast to Muxia. Even though I hated leaving my wife in Santiago after being away for thirty four days I really enjoyed that last walk, it gives a great sense of closure to the Camino even though you are never really finished with the Camino.
Every time you think you are out its pulls you right back in. :)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
It's a shame about the 10 days. But maybe our paths will cross, who knows :) what is weather like April/may ?
Jordan

Hey everyone,
I haven't checked my emails over the festive season. Thanks for checking it out, this time last year I just joined and was excited about the upcoming journey, although its behind me now it hasn't gone away... far from it!

Hi Jim I met Pat and John on the very first day, going over the pyrenees and then again on the last in Santiago. They were cool dudes, I have pats email address I'll dig it out of my bag and pass it along! beun Camino

I'm off on the trans Siberian express this year and backpacking Asia/arctic, some of my friends from the Camino said we should walk it again someday, I'd even like to do the 88 temples one around the island of Shikoku in Japan before then and the inca trail.
I also read on the way movies FB page in an open later from Emilio estevez to his fans he is writing a part 2 based in Asia?

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Way-The-Movie/149700758373570

cheers C

Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi Jim I have emailed pat, johns friend to get his email, once I hear back I'll keep you posted cheers!

Hi Jim I have emailed pat, johns friend to get his email, once I hear back I'll keep you posted cheers!

Thank you very much, Craig!! I will PM you with my e-mail and you can give it to Pat also. Thanks for the help!!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi guys

I'm Craig, from Warrington, Cheshire I joined the site earlier this year and hiked El Camino de Santiago from August 19th - September 22nd. St jean -Santiago - Finisterre. This site was amazing for info and prepping my trip. It feels weird not logging into the app on a daily basis now. I'm planning a different backpacking trip next year, one that requires a little less walking, but still some.

The people you meet, are now friends for life and its something unique in a space and time that can never be repeated. (first camino anyways) One that left a an ever lasting footprint on me. I posted a video last month but at the time it didn't work on mobiles and tablets, which it now does. I had a few people ask me for a resend of the link, so here it is and check it out sometime. cheers again and buen Camino to past, present and future pilgrims!

Craig - did you see the thread re meeting in Manchester tomorrow? Ned.

Hi Ned I'm currently away with work at the minute! I'm Sorry I wouldn't be able to make it! I'm currently banging in the overtime for another backpacking trip this summer! beun camino dude, have fun guys! :(

Most read last week in this forum

Camino Mozarabe...a route that is not that well trodden, but is massively under estimated (in Marks humble opinion ). Mark went out to Malaga earlier this year and managed to get a walk from the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back