• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

First Camino Oct 9-22, Ponferrada to CdS

Time of past OR future Camino
Hola!
I'm excited about my first camino in a few weeks. I'm going to walk the last 140 miles alone and I can't wait to start!
This site has been VERY helpful, and I've made a lot of plans based on the great comments by everyone. So THANK YOU!
And thank you Ivar for the Pilgrim patches!
Buen Camino!
Doug
USA

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hey Doug,

My friend and I will be starting the same day from SJPDP. We're only doing a section of the Camino for 5 days. This will be a multi-year venture for us. Maybe we'll cross paths someday.
Have a safe journey and take care.

Can I ask how you were able to acquire the patch?

Buen Camino,
Chuck

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi, Chuck and Doug,

The way to get a forum patch is to click on the link on the lower right side of this page. I don't know how many years Ivar has been selling this patch, but even though I walk a camino every summer, I have never seen anyone wearing one!

Maybe with the English language bump on the camino we'll now see more of each other. Buen camino to you both, let us know how things go for you, Laurie

chuckvhernandez said:
Hey Doug,

My friend and I will be starting the same day from SJPDP. We're only doing a section of the Camino for 5 days. This will be a multi-year venture for us. Maybe we'll cross paths someday.
Have a safe journey and take care.

Can I ask how you were able to acquire the patch?

Buen Camino,
Chuck

Hola Chuck,

Laurie is right, just click on the link down below. Ivar sends the patch quick. It was a fun pre-momento while I wait for the trip to get here. Thanks Laurie :)

Good luck on your camino Chuck!

Have a terrific time... Ponferrada to Santiago is a great stretch. Enough, if you walk the whole way to get a feeling of what it means to be a pilgrim, but not so much that it takes weeks and weeks to accomplish it.

Journey's mercies
David, Victoria, Canada

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
skilsaw said:
Have a terrific time... Ponferrada to Santiago is a great stretch. Enough, if you walk the whole way to get a feeling of what it means to be a pilgrim, but not so much that it takes weeks and weeks to accomplish it.

Journey's mercies
David, Victoria, Canada

Thanks for the comments David! I can't wait !!! Maybe one day I will be able to do the whole camino. For now, I'm excited (and thankful) to do the last stretch.

Buen Camino!

Doug

Hola Doug!

We'll likely see eachother along the Camino. I'll be starting in Leon on 10/4 with hopes of getting to Santiago by about 10/17 or 10/18.

My pack is red with a Forum patch, and an American Pilgrim patch.

Buen Camino.

Mary Pat

mpschaaf said:
Hola Doug!

We'll likely see eachother along the Camino. I'll be starting in Leon on 10/4 with hopes of getting to Santiago by about 10/17 or 10/18.

My pack is red with a Forum patch, and an American Pilgrim patch.

Buen Camino.

Mary Pat

Well good luck to you as well! From what I hear it is a great stretch of the camino. You will recognize me, as I will be walking very slowly, with a lost look on my face, trying to keep up with everyone else :)

Black backpack with the Forum patch. Safe travels and Buen Camino Mary Pat!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I start from Leon on 14 Leon hoping to get to Santiago 21 st.
I will have a small S African flag on my hat. Maybe I'll rush past you?
I have a black jacket. Go well
Alan

astranex said:
I will have a small S African flag on my hat. Maybe I'll rush past you?
I have a black jacket. Go well
Alan

Ok Alan,

You just inspired me...I was worried I might not make Ponferrada to Santiago in 10 days. If you're going from Leon to Santiago in 7 days then you'll definitely be rushing past me! Thanks for the motivation! Safe travels and Buen Camino!

astranex said:

Hi Alan,
Leon to Santiago is over 300 kms. (>190 miles)
It takes 12 to 14 days to walk the whole way.

fit in your bus rides where you wish, but plan on walking from Sarria to Santiago, the last 100 kms completely. This will qualify you for a compostela, the pilgrims certificate that you receive from the pilgrims office behind the cathedral.

Not long until you leave now.
Enjoy the little taste of the camino that you will get.
You might even get excited enough about it to walk again. 800 or 1000 kms.

Buen Camino,
David, Victoria, Canada

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Can anyone tell me where I can purchase a Vodafone sim card in SJPD or any other town . I start in SJPD I prefer to have a sim rather then a esim
Hi we are walking from Puebla De Sanabria to Terroso tomorrow and given the downpours we have had today, I wondered if anyone had any updates???
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.