• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

First Camino, Portuguese Central in September

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Nice timing! My girlfriend and I will arrive in Porto Friday Sep 3, and will start walking Monday Sep 6. We are going to follow the coast to Vila do Conde, then meet up to central at Arcos/Rates, then continue up from there. We are taking it super slow and easy, wanting to explore each little town. We pre-arranged all the lodging months ago, which seems important this crazy year.

9/6 Mon - Porto to Matosinhos
9/7 Tue - to Vila do Conde
9/8 Wed - to Arcos
9/9 Thu - to Barcelos
9/10 Fri - to Quintiaes
9/11 Sat - to Ponte de Lima
9/12 Sun - to Rubiaes
9/13 Mon - to Valença
etc.

Nice timing! My girlfriend and I will arrive in Porto Friday Sep 3, and will start walking Monday Sep 6. We are going to follow the coast to Vila do Conde, then meet up to central at Arcos/Rates, then continue up from there. We are taking it super slow and easy, wanting to explore each little town. We pre-arranged all the lodging months ago, which seems important this crazy year.

9/6 Mon - Porto to Matosinhos
9/7 Tue - to Vila do Conde
9/8 Wed - to Arcos
9/9 Thu - to Barcelos
9/10 Fri - to Quintiaes
9/11 Sat - to Ponte de Lima
9/12 Sun - to Rubiaes
9/13 Mon - to Valença
etc.
I am also taking it slow. Will be staying in Arcos the night of the 7th, in Barcelos on the 8th. Our times in Ponte de Lima and Rubiaes may also overlap. I am staying 2 nights in Ponte de Lima with a transfer back to where I stop the first night since my tour company couldn't find lodging in between. Buen Camino! I hope to see you on the Way.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I am also taking it slow. Will be staying in Arcos the night of the 7th, in Barcelos on the 8th. Our times in Ponte de Lima and Rubiaes may also overlap. I am staying 2 nights in Ponte de Lima with a transfer back to where I stop the first night since my tour company couldn't find lodging in between. Buen Camino! I hope to see you on the Way.
Maybe you already know - but if you don't: Remember that Barcelos has its big market every Thursday. (It's one of the largest in Europe. It is a big mix of food, cheap Chinese junk, and local handcrafts. Interesting but not breathtaking.) So don't rush out of town on the 9th too early - make sure you check it out before you go. Hopefully it will not be canceled.

Hi, have a great first Camino - i'm sure you will be back for more. My wife and I have a similar schedule a few days behinnd you...Porto 8/9th Sept then start on 10th to Arcos...Barcelos....Balugaes...etc. to SDC on 21st.

This is our third Camino, but our first Portuguese, so any advice or tips you discover on your journey - please share.

Buen Camino

Hi, have a great first Camino - i'm sure you will be back for more. My wife and I have a similar schedule a few days behinnd you...Porto 8/9th Sept then start on 10th to Arcos...Barcelos....Balugaes...etc. to SDC on 21st.

This is our third Camino, but our first Portuguese, so any advice or tips you discover on your journey - please share.

Buen Camino
I leave tomorrow! Buen Camino to you too.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back