• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

first camino

jamataster

hello everyone,

thanks to all past pilgrims sharing their experiences and advice! And thanks to other newcomers asking questions I might have forgotten to ask. Now I know more about boots, blisters, socks, sleeping bags and the strong opinions about those worldly matters than I could hope for before diving into the different forums on the homepage.

I start from St.JPP June 27th, return from SdC August 2. Really looking forward to get to know both the geography of the camino, and perhaps some of the remote places and sources :wink: in myself. Hope I will be able to be max open to the silent voices from within that I succced to keep relatively quiet in a otherwise busy life. My first humble ambition is not to get into a daily rat race for the best beds in the aubergues, I want to try to experience the feeling of letting neurotic need for control and setting competitive goals go.

See you all on the paths, visible or not!

Martin

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I hope you enjoy your camino. The race for beds seemed to dominate the thinking of a lot of people on the camino-although on the VDLP it was less obvious but from what I"ve read lately on this forum I could be in for a shock when I start from Le Puy in late June. For that reason I'm taking a very small tent so I will not have to worry too much about a bed-not that I'm suggesting you'll need one. My only advice is pack light and take ear plugs. Good luck!

Buen Camino to you. I sincerely hope you will fight hard not to get too immersed in the race for beds and therefore missing the real spirit of the Camino.

So many places and things can be missed by rushing but I understand also the adrenaline rush at the thought of not having a roof over your head.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.