• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

First Sighting

Marcus-UK

Old Git
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Ingles 2016 Camino Portuguese 2017
Arrived in Porto late Sunday night. Next morning my wife and I had breakfast at cafe Majestic. It was there I had the fist sighting! A whole display of pastel del NATA! Unfortunately I am pre-diabetic and cannot consume a single one!!!! I have worked out that I will be able to consume at least one before Tui if I stick to a strict Ketogenic diet. This means large amounts of protein no carbs and no alcohol except in the form of Brandy or Whiskey. I hope I have the strength of will to succeed.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Good like, @Marcus-UK ! I'm also pre-diabetic, and am no longer drinking down 12 oz. of Coca cola after a long, long walk. First Camino, it's all I wanted---and I've never been one for sugary drinks.

Post diagnosis, I cut out the coke and orange juice (well, most of the orange juice), and just went with water and coffee.

You inspire me, and I aim to mend my unhealthy ways!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Arrived in Porto late Sunday night. Next morning my wife and I had breakfast at cafe Majestic. It was there I had the fist sighting! A whole display of pastel del NATA! Unfortunately I am pre-diabetic and cannot consume a single one!!!! I have worked out that I will be able to consume at least one before Tui if I stick to a strict Ketogenic diet. This means large amounts of protein no carbs and no alcohol except in the form of Brandy or Whiskey. I hope I have the strength of will to succeed.

Just make sure the whisky is Jameson

Drink enough of it and you'll forget about the cakes!!!
Good luck and best wishes
Annette

I note it is whiskey, not whisky. Having been recently diagnosed as being diabetic ( much to my fury) maybe it will not be so bad if whiskey and whisky are allowed...
i loved the Camino fromPorto, hope it all goes well for you. Wait till you see the distances measured in centimetres!
Buen Camino

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, I am trying to confirm that starting my walk from O Porriño qualifies for the last 100 km, and qualifies for a Compostela. I am finding conflicting information in different places. Camino...
Barcelos was having a huge May 1 celebration when we passed through. There was a major unveiling of a sculpture titled Peregrina the following day—very big event. We weren’t there, so I lifted a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back