• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

First timer from Oregon starting the CF (Pamplona) on Sept. 11, 2021

StephGosselin

Time of past OR future Camino
Hi, I'm Stephanie from the Pacific Northwest. Super excited to start my solo journey on the camino in a few weeks to be exact, Sept. 11th in Pamplona, at least I hope as my flights have been canceled and rescheduled at least 5 times....(NO JOKE) I'm not a speed walker by any means, but would like some company every now and then......please come say hi and join me :)
Buen Camino!!!

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi, @StephGosselin, and welcome to the forum.

You are going to do what so many of us here would love to do but can never do again — start your first camino! The travel may be a challenge, but just take it as it comes and you will be fine. From the looks of things, there will be plenty of others out there in September, so finding that time to be alone may be harder than finding people to walk with. You are in for a very amazing journey.

Wishing you a wonderful camino, let us know how it goes for you. Buen camino, Laurie

Hi, @StephGosselin, and welcome to the forum.

You are going to do what so many of us here would love to do but can never do again — start your first camino! The travel may be a challenge, but just take it as it comes and you will be fine. From the looks of things, there will be plenty of others out there in September, so finding that time to be alone may be harder than finding people to walk with. You are in for a very amazing journey.

Wishing you a wonderful camino, let us know how it goes for you. Buen camino, Laurie
Thank you Laurie!! I appreciate the support. I plan on starting slowly my first week as I build up my stamina/endurance and get over jet lag. I will post my status as I go :)

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
You are going to do what so many of us here would love to do but can never do again — start your first camino!
@peregrina2000 is so right - your first Camino is so special!

Just want to let you know, in case you are in Southern Oregon, I'd be happy to get together with you if you have questions that you want to ask of an experienced pilgrim. I'm a chapter coordinator of the Southern Oregon Chapter of American Pilgrims on the Camino, and there is also a chapter in Portland.

@peregrina2000 is so right - your first Camino is so special!

Just want to let you know, in case you are in Southern Oregon, I'd be happy to get together with you if you have questions that you want to ask of an experienced pilgrim. I'm a chapter coordinator of the Southern Oregon Chapter of American Pilgrims on the Camino, and there is also a chapter in Portland.
and if you are in the middle of Oregon, I'm in Eugene --I'll be a week ahead of you--should be passing through Pamplona 9/3, on my 4th--but still feel like a newbie

Be safe most of all! Camino is a beautiful, unforgettable, life changing event! Make it your own, there’s many books, and many ways, but this is your walk, take your time, enjoy the people, the churches, the views, and the culture. BUEN CAMINO!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
We are new Oregonians and happy to see you and so many other Oregonians here. Congratulations on your FIRST (the most special!) Camino, and a solo one at that. Enjoy. You'll experience many wonders and you will appreciate them as they come each day. You won't have any trouble finding/meeting good people on the road, and be left alone when you want to. Take care. I look forward to reading your postings. Buen Camino!

Always nice to see people from my home state (Canby and Bend roots) joining the Camino crowd.
Ahh... those first few steps (for me, it was leaving the train station in SJPDP) and the reality sinks in that you are finally on the Way. Enjoy every step.

Buen Camino.

Hi - another Oregonian here wishing you well - I will be a few weeks behind you and starting in Burgos. Perhaps our paths will cross somewhere along the Way. Travel safe, enjoy the many new places and friends you will find along the way... and enjoy this special time! Buen Camino!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Possibly we will see you. I am returning (4th Frances) with a Camino family member from 2018 who was injured after Cruz de Fero. We will be starting in Astorga so she can complete her Camino. We will start on Oct 9. Depending on how fast you go, and rest days you should be in the vicinity. Buen Camino

Hi, I'm Stephanie from the Pacific Northwest. Super excited to start my solo journey on the camino in a few weeks to be exact, Sept. 11th in Pamplona, at least I hope as my flights have been canceled and rescheduled at least 5 times....(NO JOKE) I'm not a speed walker by any means, but would like some company every now and then......please come say hi and join me :)
Buen Camino!!!
Hi Steph, I’ll be starting from Pamplona on the 13th, maybe we’ll run into each other. Buen Camino!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back