• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

First Timer - September 2016!

Magz

Time of past OR future Camino
Starting Camino Frances Sept 15, 2016
Hello, I'm Maggie from Vancouver Island BC, Canada and I am planning my first (and hopefully not last!) Camino Frances leaving September 15, 2016. The information on this site is phenomenal - thank you! I have lots of questions - most seem to have been asked and I appreciate the comprehensiveness of the answers. I'm experiencing and amazing blend of excitement (a wee bit of an understatement! ) and anxiety!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hello, I'm Maggie from Vancouver Island BC, Canada and I am planning my first (and hopefully not last!) Camino Frances leaving September 15, 2016. The information on this site is phenomenal - thank you! I have lots of questions - most seem to have been asked and I appreciate the comprehensiveness of the answers. I'm experiencing and amazing blend of excitement (a wee bit of an understatement! ) and anxiety!

Hi, Maggie:
You will have a wonderful time. Just take it easy at first. I am from Calgary and I walked the Camino Frances last fall from Sept. 30 to Nov. 17. This year, I am walking from Oloron Ste Marie on the Voie d'Arles in France, to the Camino Aragones, joining the Camino Frances at Puenta la Reina. I, too, am beginning my walk on Sept. 15. You will be well ahead of me when I reach Puenta la Reina, so it is unlikely that we shall meet. Buen camino.

Thank you! Buen Camino to you as well!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi Maggie, we too (4 of us) will be starting our Camino Frances Sept. 21 from St.Jean. You will be ahead of us, I doubt we will catch you along the way as we are taking our time to take in everything we see. So where some may stop for the night, if it feels right to us we will stay another full day. Good journey Buen Camino ! We are celebrating our 46th wedding anniversary by trekking the Camino :) We are first timers too !!!

Last edited:
Hi Maggie! I'm leaving from SJPP on Sept 17th and will keep an eye out for you. Ditto all of your comments... the tremendous value of all the wisdom that is shared on this forum, the tiniest feeling of uncertainty (mainly about leaving my animals behind) and the overwhelming excitement that consumes my life on a daily basis. ¡Buen camino!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hello Maggie, I start on the 16th September just a day behind you, our paths may cross, if not I hope you find peace. Buen Camino.

Hi Maggie

I am also from Vancouver Island. I leave on Sept. 15th and will start from St. Jean on Sept. 18th. This is my first Camino and I am very excited. Maybe we will see each other along the way.

Hello Maggie, you will have a wonderful time, take it nice and slowly carry a really low weight (go through the threads on this). I done my first Camino in April five years ago and have hiked about 11,000 kms of long distance trails since then, mainly Camino's. Enjoy Regards Dermot (Nalod)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Welcome, Maggie. Great time to Camino.
Being from Vancouver, you'll be right at home in Galicia (weather-wise).
Excitement and anxiety are part of the preparations. Before you know it you'll be a veteran peregrina.
Keep the excitement and the joy with you everyday, and you'll have a great Camino.
Buen Viaje.

Hi maggie, I'm starting my first Camino from St. Jean on the 18 of September. Time is coming near and more and more real, very exciting. hope you have a great trip and we may see each other along the way.

Buen Camino

I will be ahead of you - starting SJPdP on the 4th. I hope we don't meet up because that means I'm way to lazy or am enjoying myself far too much. :)

Buen Camino.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Won't see you. I'm a week ahead of you. I haven't done anything this adventurous since 1993. Don't know what will happen. But I know the experience is going to be wonderful. Best of luck and enjoy every moment.

Hi Maggie, it's a nice time of the year to go for a walk :D according to my wife anyway she walked the Camino Frances in 2013 in September to.
Wish you a wonderful time and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Most read last week in this forum

Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...
Hello fellow peregrines, I’m Davide , a 30,yrs old Italian guy from Barcelona ! I was always fascinated by the Camino de Santiago and my eyes got lucent when a day to the pueblo español I saw...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back