• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

For Lady Hikers - the Freshette

Deborah

I found the website for Freshette.
This is a device that makes it possible to urinate standing up.
Very easy.
Very quick.
Very clean.
Doesn't leak.
If you have questions, ask here or email me privately.
I have one and have used it for years. I'm ordering a new one for the trip because I stepped on my old one and cracked it :(

I love this because not only can I pee in the bushes with my back to the traffic like guys do... I don't have to sit on nasty toilet seats or squat with aching legs.

Here's the website to order. It's VERY lightweight. You will only need the freshette and direction tube. No need for the disposal bags.

http://www.freshette.com/product.html

It costs about $22 and is worth every penny.

If you're in the UK, there is another similar device called the Whiz or Whizzer. Soft plastic. My concern was that the shape could get torked in a full backpack, whereas the Freshette is hard plastic.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Back