• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

From Kentucky to Camino Frances

Time of past OR future Camino
CF 2021; 2022 P. Coastal; VF 2023
Eddiebee, thanks for the information; planning a May -June Camino Frances from KY - I am not seeing any direct flights from MAD to BIQ - are they seasonal? Thanks

Moderator: I've moved this to a new thread; it was on one with a last post in 2017 with out of date information.

Last edited by a moderator:
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Original Post 2017... Might be better to create a new post for your question...

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Im not sure what information carried over from one thresd to the next. You shoukd be able to dind schedules easily at www.rome2rio.com, with the caveat that not all of the bus/train routes are for sale into the far future (even if their schedules are generally well known.)

No direct flights , only via Paris and leaves Madrid @ 5pm arrives Biarritz @ 10.30PM
I would suggest this ;
If you visit one town in Spain make it San Sebastian
Three flights there per day , just over an hour from Madrid.
Have a few days and then get the train , which takes one hour to Biarritz / Bayonne.
I would enjoy Bayonne as well because
The aches start when you depart

Last edited:
Arrive in Madrid early to mid morning. No rush to next step. Depending on time you can grab a bus or train to Pamplona. Stay overnight in Pamplona in a inexpensive hotel. This will be likely the last night for a few days with all the creature comforts. Take bus the next morning to SJPDP. Please note, bus station in Pamplona is underground. I wandered above it using GPS.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Iberia had a flight at 7:30AM from Madrid to Biarritz. The alternative is train to Pamplona and taxi or bus to SJPP

Buen Camino Bob

Iberia has or had direct flights but they are at different times on different days of the week and they do not have flights every day. I got lucky and had a flight that left a 1:00PM. I think it was a Tuesday. You can email the taxi service in SJPdP in advance and they will get you a shared taxi. it was 19 Euro in 2017 if the taxi was full.

Most read last week in this forum