• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Full interactive stats since 2004

diegoromerosm

Lost and found in the Camino
Time of past OR future Camino
Hello everyone,

I have published a webpage with statistics based on figures from the Pilgrim's Office since 2004 that can be explored interactively by seeing their evolution over time by months.

Would you like to try them and tell me what would you add / remove / modify to improve them? Of course, if someone wants to link or embed them on their sites, you just have to tell me.

I know that many metrics are missing that could be interesting, especially to propose concrete actions (place of departure based on the pilgrim's nationality, Camino traveled based on nationality, ...) but these are data that the Office does not publish since only offers aggregated data.

Thank you very much and Buen Camino!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The one Item I was going to suggest, I quickly found you already incorporated (different sort options on some of the charts).
Thank you for the info.

P.S. If the change page option on the very bottom left could be made a bit larger it would help find it.

Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Totally agree but it’s not configurable...
Thank you for your comments!!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thank you so much for this! I haven't had a chance to fully play with it yet but I will soon. Hopefully in the future I can use your tool for analysis to be used in my camino writing (and give you credit, of course).

Thank you so much for this! I haven't had a chance to fully play with it yet but I will soon. Hopefully in the future I can use your tool for analysis to be used in my camino writing (and give you credit, of course).
My pleasure!!! I love you like it. As I automatized the process, as soon as the Pilgrim's Office update the stats every month, the dashboards will be updated as well. If you need any other metrics, let me know to see if it's possible to build new dashboards.

BTW.. if you are planning new Camino, take a look at the Camino Aragonés (Somport Pass to Puente La Reina crossing Aragon and Navarra).

Bests!!!

I just remember this about what are the main topics in twitter regarding Camino de Santiago... I hope it could be interesting also for you.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Just for your information guys @jungleboy and all, I've generated a survey to complement these stats. It'd be great if you can fill it with your experience. Could you also help me to reach the as many pilgrims as we can?

I'll share the results (Open Data / Creative Commons) in this forum and I'll be more than happy if it helps you with your content.

Bests,

Last edited:

Most read last week in this forum