• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Get Walking

William Garza

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances, The Jakobsweg
Pilgrim on the Way.

Get busy going!

Someday..the birds will be singing and you wont be there to hear them

Someday, the seasons will all be sung
The turning will be done, and you wont be there to feel them

Someday
The light will have grown dim,and gutter in the nite
The stars will pale and you wont see them.

What you have now..is time
Get busy Living, Laughing, Loving

Every Moment
EVERY MOMENT! counts from this moment on.

Dont hesitate, the Way lies open before you.

Take it
Grasp the moment right now..no doubts, no hesitation, no reservation

Pain is temporary and is soon replaced by peace!

Soon, the sun that was overbyour head..will rise and greet my eyes.

And I will see your smiles.

Tempus Fugit

Time is a fugitive..always getting away

Peregtino..Get er Done!

Time waits for no one
Blessings to you Pilgrim!!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Did you write this wonderful poem for me? At this very moment I am trying to decide whether I have enough courage to do the Camino Frances alone or not. Multiple sticking points, the first and very much not the last (ha ha ha) being getting from Madrid to SJPdP in early April. Logistics are my strong point to the extent that I find problems that may not even exist. I need to listen to you.

Even in death, his last breath was poetry
existing in the wind
and on the breeze of
"it used to be likes"
forever remembering,
yet never reliving
his life
will never be what it used to be like.

N'Zuri Za Austin

(Thank you for the prompt William... reminding us that this life is not a dress rehearsal)

...and @HedaP a wise but fictional Jedi Master once said:
Try not. Do or do not!! There is no try.

You may not realise it but your Camino has already begun... it's a calling that your courageous heart has answered and a decision that your logical and logistical mind is questioning.

You are already on your Way... just keep moving... no one is ever alone on the Francés.

Buen Camino

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Heda
This is your Season in the Sun
This
Is your call to run
These are the storied fields of grass, the lakes of Glass and the waypoints to pass.

The wondrous travellers here have walked where you fear
Their handprints in the trees,cafe's and Santiagos Doorpost are reminders
Your not alone
Your never going ro be alone on the Way.

Walk fearless Pilgrim!
Walk with your head held high
Your feet will make the rhythm
Your soul to make the rhyme.

The iron is hot
The Heart willing
The Soul ready.

The April flowers will be a blanket before you
Lay you down Pilgrim...in fields and glen
Lose your fears and let loose your wild- ling child
The one before the compromise of the coils.
Let them look upon the river of stars
And wonder..

Let your steps begin your Season.

Be Blessed Pilgrim!
And..Get after it!!

At this very moment I am trying to decide whether I have enough courage to do the Camino Frances alone or not.
You may not be in touch with it now, but you do. And please know you are not alone--plenty of frightened people do the Camino. Courage is not an absence of fear but the willingness to act in spite of it.
(Anyway, on the Frances, you will not be so alone--there is plenty of company to be had, if you need it. And at that time of year, it's not so hard to find solitude, if you need it.)

Multiple sticking points, the first and very much not the last (ha ha ha) being getting from Madrid to SJPdP in early April.
The feeling of overwhelm is understandable, but fortunately you don't have to figure it out from scratch. Many many people make this journey! So it's not so hard as you might imagine. Search threads here and you'll find lots of information.

To get you started is this very useful site:
https://www.rome2rio.com/

You can make the journey from Pamplona in a number of ways--some people take a night at Corizon Puro; the owners will pick you up at the station and take you to the pension at Viskarret; you'd go to SJPP the next morning. It's a heartfelt and gentle introduction to the Camino!
http://www.corazonpuro.es/AlbergueEng.html

Also check to see if at Caroline at Express Bourricot can help.
http://www.expressbourricot.com/

Try not. Do or do not!! There is no try.
:D:DA perfect Camino motto. Thank you @ Wokabout_Meri

Thank you all for the lovely and practical responses and thanks especially to William Garza.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Give thanks by letting the Way take you.

Give in volumptiously..embrace and define your new steps by opening your heart and life to all the Possibilitys...

The good
The bad
And all the joys in between.

This will be your time between the times.

The day..used well and good, is put away
The morning awaits your eyes opening
Between here and there?
Is the Way.

May you awaken joyfully,fully and completely.

All the Peregrinos here will walk with you
All around you
Some have gobe ahead around the bend
Some,to follow

It is them who deserve the accolades
Ime just going to follow in their footprints in the dust someday.

Did you write this wonderful poem for me? At this very moment I am trying to decide whether I have enough courage to do the Camino Frances alone or not. Multiple sticking points, the first and very much not the last (ha ha ha) being getting from Madrid to SJPdP in early April. Logistics are my strong point to the extent that I find problems that may not even exist. I need to listen to you.

Heda, if you tell me when you will arrive in Madrid (and whether you plan to stay overnight or not), I will give you exact directions on how to get from Madrid to SJPdP, with times, type of transit, where to buy tickets, etc. It is not too complicated.

Blessings and thanks @WilliamGarza. I've actually booked. Scary scary fun! @Ibpierce I'll be flying into Madrid on 30 March 2017 and will stay overnight. Looking to get to SJPdP for start in early April. No hurry, no dead lines.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all, I’m starting my Camino Frances on May 12. I’ve booked my first night in SJPDP, but I’m starting to worry I need to book more. My plan was to take it day by day and just turn up, but lots...
Hello all. Here to give a brief account of my (and many others) first day on the Camino on May 1. The trip to Roncesvalles was tough. I went Valcarlos route because napoleon was very ill advised...
Seems to be a lot of people posting about stuff they lost on the Camino recently. I managed to leave a nice new-ish polo shirt somewhere drying and didn't notice for over a week. I hope someone...
Did you meet Bjørn Krohn? Died aged 48 in an albergue, I don't know where, tuesday 21th. I didn't know this until now.
I am wondering how you disconnect, in part, from the world. I have a couple of reasons that I need to be accessible but, I don't want to be constantly connected on this journey. Ideas?
Can anyone tell me if food is available there… anyone stayed recently? Cheers

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back