• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Getting from Logroño to Burgos

Time of past OR future Camino
2006 to date: Over 21 Caminos. See signature line
Whari, I hope you're on here because you are my go-to for travel info.

I need to get from Logroño to Burgos.
The bus and train schedules I've found don't arrive in Burgos until 2 pm or later.
I'd like to arrive earlier in the morning.

I've looked at Alsa and at movelia.
I've also looked at Renfe.
All I can find are afternoon trips.

Does anyone have any better information?

The date will be in mid May.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Autobuses Jiminez provides service from Logroño to Burgos
http://www.autobusesjimenez.com/

They don't usually provide access to schedules more than 30 days in advance, however, you can plan using tomorrow's schedule.
Actually, I made a mistake.
I needed to know about Burgos to Leon?
I see ALSA and RENFE and both get in late.
Are there any other options?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
It actually works out better to take Renfe to Valladolid and Valladolid to Leon.

It might even work doing the transfer at Venta de Banos.

I see ALSA and RENFE and both get in late.
Are there any other options?

In addition to the train option I quote below, www.autocaresrabel.com has an early morning bus from Burgos to Palencia from Mondays to Fridays (except public holidays). They say in their web that they make the route from Palencia to León too but they don't offer schedules for that one... so you will need to get in touch with them to confirm if they really make it and to ask for schedules. If you get in touch with them, you might ask also for the arrival time of the bus(es) from Burgos because their schedules just quote the departure time from your departure point but not the arrival time to your destination. Once in Palencia, if there isn't a bus to León that suits you, you can take a train to reach León... depending on the arrival time of the bus from Burgos, you might be able to get an earlier train to León than the one you would take if you had taken a train from Burgos to Palencia but to know it for sure, you would need to confirm with Autocares Rabel the arrival time of the bus from Burgos. If it doesn't arrive early enough as to take an earlier train, I wouldn't bother and I would make all the route by train changing trains in Palencia.

Notes: if you had to take a high-speed train from Palencia to León, book it in advance to (try to) get it cheaper. If you see two trains departing and arriving at the same time, that means they are a single train; a high-speed train that is also sold as a MD/Intercity/Regional train but the number of seats sold with MD/Intercity/Regional fare is limited so booking well in advance is a good idea to avoid having to pay full high speed train fare (or even to avoid finding the train full on your travel date).

It actually works out better to take Renfe to Valladolid and Valladolid to Leon.

It might even work doing the transfer at Venta de Banos.

...and, even better, changing trains in Palencia. Unless Anniesantiago is traveling on a Sunday, that option (to change trains in Palencia) will allow her to arrive to León before 14:00.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Thanks !

I am also looking into hiring a taxi.

I"m also looking for buses from Pamplona to Monreal or Sanguesa.
Anybody know which bus company makes that route?
I'm pretty sure it's a daily bus.

For more on bus routes try www.Rome2Rio.com.

They suggest Alosa lines to Liedena and then taxi to Sanguesa.

Happy planning!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
We did it by bus ... But had no time restriction ... Make sure that whatever schedule you use ... that the schedule is valid for the DAY you want .... We found the schedule for the bus from Burgos to Santiago was DAY specific .... And every day was different ...

Last edited:
For more on bus routes try www.Rome2Rio.com.

They suggest Alosa lines to Liedena and then taxi to Sanguesa.

Happy planning!

thanks!
Yes, I tried Rome2Rio and couldn't find what I needed.
I also tried the Alosa site and couldn't find a bus.
Ok.. I KNOW there is a bus because I've taken it FROM Monreal to Pamplona but it was many years ago. I'll figure it out when I arrive. Thanks!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
A friend due to walk from Sarria to SdC next month is now injured still wants to go along with group walking. Any advice on transport options for him to go from Stage to Stage. All options...
I am flying to Santiago via Dublin and have about a 10 hour layover. I arrive 0830 and my flight on Ryanair is not till 1930. Any suggestions on how I can spend my time? Is it practical to go...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back