• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

going the whole way May 2016

Hansie

Time of past OR future Camino
whole camino April/May 2016
I am travelling fro Melbourne.
I am planning to go solo the whole way starting from St Jean in May 2016
I want to touch base with any one else travelling around the same time to compare best airfares and means of getting to Starting point.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I am travelling fro Melbourne.
I am planning to go solo the whole way starting from St Jean in May 2016
I want to touch base with any one else travelling around the same time to compare best airfares and means of getting to Starting point.
Hi , can't help you with your question but I can wish you well and a Buen Camino , Peter.

I'm traveling near this time frame. We are flying to Madrid and making our way to St. Jean. I think we will be starting a few days before you since we are leaving near the end of April 2016. I've only done research from Madrid to SJPdP. Do you know what city are you planning on flying into?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hanise, there are many of your fellow county people, both here on this forum and on F'book, who have Camino experience. I'm sure they can answer many of your concerns and questions.
BTW, take care using the term 'the whole way'. You might, as I did, say it to the man who started walking at his front door in Germany. He had a very different definition on the whole way. ;)

I'm doing the Camino in May 2016, am planning on flying from UK to Biarritz, then train to Saint Jean. Maybe see you out there!

I'm traveling near this time frame. We are flying to Madrid and making our way to St. Jean. I think we will be starting a few days before you since we are leaving near the end of April 2016. I've only done research from Madrid to SJPdP. Do you know what city are you planning on flying into?
I want to start from St Jean I thought that Paris was my best bet. Others suggest Barcelona???

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I want to start from St Jean I thought that Paris was my best bet. Others suggest Barcelona???
I'd check both of those suggestions as well as Madrid to see the best cost etc. I'm coming from the U.S. (West coast)- my ticket one way to Madrid was less than $400. I'll figure out the return flight later. Paris and Barcelona were much more expensive for me. I was checking Paris, Barcelona and Madrid for a price comparison. The only way to know for sure is researching. Good luck! If you decide on Madrid - I can share what I've found out on how to get to St Jean Pied de Port.

momof34man, You've already got your plane ticket! Love it.
My mother in law helped...we couldn't pass up the deal. Less than $400 for a ticket from California to Madrid - a layover in Oslo for a few hours. I just have to work out how to get back after its over. My M-I-L said that in September the rates should go down for trips returning next June. I did find a cheap flight on Turkish Air, but my husband and M-I-L don't feel comfortble with a stopover in Istanbul. When I bought my ticket, it just added to the excitement for the Camino!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
My mother in law helped...we couldn't pass up the deal. Less than $400 for a ticket from California to Madrid - a layover in Oslo for a few hours. I just have to work out how to get back after its over. My M-I-L said that in September the rates should go down for trips returning next June. I did find a cheap flight on Turkish Air, but my husband and M-I-L don't feel comfortble with a stopover in Istanbul. When I bought my ticket, it just added to the excitement for the Camino!

Why weren't you comfortable with a stopover in Istanbul? It's safer than most large American cities. My daughter is there now.

I'm fine with it, it is my family that is uncomfortable with it. I'd actually I love to visit that city as well. I think the media has made my family uncomfortable with it, so it is just a matter of respecting my husbands wishes. (Since he will be traveling with me back home.). So in the meantime, I am trying to find another ticket that isn't going back through Turkey. Who knows, between now and when I plan to return from the Camino, he may change his mind.

I'm fine with it, it is my family that is uncomfortable with it. I'd actually I love to visit that city as well. I think the media has made my family uncomfortable with it, so it is just a matter of respecting my husbands wishes. (Since he will be traveling with me back home.). So in the meantime, I am trying to find another ticket that isn't going back through Turkey. Who knows, between now and when I plan to return from the Camino, he may change his mind.
Been to Turkey and traveled solo. Toured Istanbul as well as took public transport, mainly busses, to other towns and had one of the best holidays ever!! Americans believe too much of what the media says. Weak, soft, and scared are what so many Americans have become.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Been to Turkey and traveled solo. Toured Istanbul as well as took public transport, mainly busses, to other towns and had one of the best holidays ever!! Americans believe too much of what the media says. Weak, soft, and scared are what so many Americans have become.
Sorry you feel the need to say negative things about a nation- Americans. I will continue to respect my family's wishes. Until they feel comfortable, I probably won't travel through there. I am sure those locations are wonderful. A few years ago I toured Ephesus and really enjoyed it. I know media blows things out of proportion, but there usually is some truth to what they are saying.

Buen Camino~

American here... I also traveled around Istanbul and Turkey solo(a) and had a wonderful time. There are paranoid people everywhere... no need to generalize about Americans.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
Apologies if this topic has been covered before. I’m interested in the earliest/recommended date someone can reserve the following services: 1) flights 2) inter-city buses 3) train (e.g...
I have a bad knee and have to be very careful about walking both up and down hills, mostly down, would the Central route be much different than the Litoral route? Where is the last place to change...
Hello all fellow pilgrims! To celebrate my 70th birthday I'll be following the Frances path from St Jean Pied de Port to Santiago de Compostela. Really excited abut the journey for me starting...
Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
Hi Camino Family, I am travelling from Australia to start the Le Puy Camino May 27th 2024. If there is anyone else planning on walking around this time, it would be great to connect. I speak...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.