• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Good route for beginners

deirdre.macleod

My husband and I are planning our first pilgrimage this summer. We have 2 weeks this July or August. We would love advice on a good route, something picturesque but not too difficult for beginners. Also advise on the best time to travel between July and August. :?:

D.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
D - I see you have posted this under the TOURS route - which is the route from Paris, Orleans or Tours. Was this a mistake or are you wanting to walk this route?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
If you are not planning to do the Camino in the future to complete the route, I would suggest you do the last 150 or so kilometers. If you will return in future years to do the entire or most of the route. I suggest you start in San Jean, take it easy and stay over in Orison and go into Roncesvalles the second day. Then you can continue as time permits. The passage over the Pyrenees and the spirit of those who begin there is terrific.

My wife, son and I (age 62) completed most of it last summer including the trek into Santiago. We are going back this year to finish the 100 or so miles we missed in Castilla.

I would think the earlier in July the better.

Take you time and enjoy. Buen Camino.

Most read last week in this forum