• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

LIVE from the Camino Good times in Portomarin

• Thread starter Deleted member 3000
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3000

Some sort of festival today:

Attachments

• readImage.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 763
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I guess the question is...how do the Spanish "celebrate" Fat Tuesday? Mardi Gras? Fasching?

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
So what would be typical foods for Carnival?? My traditions include things like pancakes and donuts...all fatty foods!! By the time Ash Wednesday rolls around, I'm grateful for a fast!!

Karin

What a great festival! Pictures of the kids are utterly charming, of course, and I'm happy to see that they're educating them on forest conservation and preventing forest fires.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
It's carnival time all over Spain.

I was at La Sardina in Alicanate last week-end, Carnival parade two days ago in Tarragona, Barcelona yesterday, back again in Alicante next week-end for a special kid one for my grand-daughter and the following week in Jativa for Las Fallas and a little bit of ''agua de Valencia''.

Hope my liver can keep the pace...

Cheers,
Jean-Marc

Jean Marc,

when I walked the Levante, I spent some wonderful time in the Folk Museum in Algemesi - they run the excellent albergue there. Worth visiting as it's clost to you. The Festa there is in September - one of those where people climb up in enormous towers,

Andy

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
andy.d said:
J... wonderful time in the Folk Museum in Algemesi - they run the excellent albergue there. Worth visiting as it's clost to you.

Andy,
Thanks for the suggestion. We'll make it a point to pay them a visit.

Cheers,
Jean-Marc

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum