• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Greetings from Oregon

Maggie97520

Time of past OR future Camino
CDF Fall 2013, CDF Spring 2014
Hi everyone! I am happy to say that I will be starting my Camino on September 20th from St. Jean. I've been dreaming if this for nearly 20 years, but it is only been now (after raising children, finishing a 10 year project and completing graduate school) that the door opened for me to go. I am giving myself 2 months and will be traveling solo, taking my time to reach Santiago and then on to Finisterra and Muxia. Looking forward to meeting other forum pilgrims long the way. Cheers, Maggie

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Where in Oregon are you? Quite a few Peregrinos here.

Hi Maggie,

Congratulations on bringing your dream into reality....Arriving in St Jean myself on 18sept and begin Camino on 19. Maybe I will meet you along the Way.
Welcome to the forum and Buen Camino :)
Aidan

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Hi Newfiedog - I'm from Ashland and will be joining the Portland Camino group (sorry, forgot their name) sometime this summer for a walk and Q and A. Should be lots of fun. (ps. Do you have a Newfoundland or two?)

Aiden, hope to see you on the trail. Will you be staying at Orrison?

And thank you everyone for the welcome - what a wonderful community.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Maggie97520 said:
Aiden, hope to see you on the trail. Will you be staying at Orrison?

And thank you everyone for the welcome - what a wonderful community.

Hey Maggie, I don't have plans to stay in Orrison! I am staying at L Esprit de Chemin in St. Jean on 18th. Really looking forward to the experience and to meeting fellow pilgrims along the way. :)
Orrison looks a lovely place though!

Hi Aiden, I'm wanting to stay in Orrison too, but I think I will be there a day or two after you. Do you know if I should book a spot ahead of time? And if so, how late should I book? I'm a little worried about finding a spot that night, even though I'm fairly confident I could make it to Roncesvalles, I'd rather take it easy on the first few days, especially with jet lag.

Oops, sorry Aiden - I reread your post and now see that you are not staying at Orrison ... my bad. :)

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Thank you Gerard, I appreciate the link and have initiated contact - with a little bit of luck, I might find a bed. Cheers, Maggie

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hi everyone
I'll be starting my camino on 20th July in sjpdp...hoping to do it all to sdc!
Anyone else walking around that time?
Jim from manchester

Buen Camino, Jim. Hope to hear about your pilgrimage when you have time. Cheers.

Thanks Maggie
I'm setting off on the 20th July. I have 4 weeks ish so hopefully I'll be able to walk all the way.
How about you? Are you walking this summer?

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
I take off on the 20th if September ... Got a few extra days to play with, so my exact departure from SJDPD isn't locked in yet, but my tickets are purchased, backpack is packed and boots are succumbing to their role as carriers ... Can't wait. Wishing you a Buen Camino.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
We all know there are a lot of bikers on the shared Camino path. I was knocked over in the town of Villatuerta and had to return immediately to the US for treatment after destroying my Camino on...
Hello all fellow pilgrims! To celebrate my 70th birthday I'll be following the Frances path from St Jean Pied de Port to Santiago de Compostela. Really excited abut the journey for me starting...
Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
Hi Camino Family, I am travelling from Australia to start the Le Puy Camino May 27th 2024. If there is anyone else planning on walking around this time, it would be great to connect. I speak...
June 22 -@Amachant (SJPP)

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.