• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Greetings from Western Australia

thepacman

Author of "An Impossible Dream"
Time of past OR future Camino
VDLP (2023); Le Puy (planned Sept/Oct 2024)
Hi everyone ... my profile details remind me that I first joined this forum in 2011, and yet here I am making my first post, 8 years later - talk about a slow start!! I live in south-west Western Australia, right down in the bottom corner of the state, a long way from anywhere. I walked the Camino Frances in 2015 and published a book about the experience, the Portuguese Camino (coastal route) last year (2018) and am planning to walk the Via de la Plata in 2021. My old brain continues to struggle to learn to speak Spanish, but it's mostly fun trying. I'll try not to wait another 8 years before making my next post!! Ultreia!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi @pac1952 and welcome back after hibernating for over 8 years! If your profile name is any indication, we share the same birth year. Happy planning for your 2021 VdPlata camino. Sounds like you have given yourself plenty of time to figure everything out!

Hi there! I was down in your "neck of the woods" recently and what a beautiful place Yallingup is!!! My partner is leaving for the VDLP next month, leaving me behind with my plantar fasciitis from the del Norte last year. Enjoy your planning for 2021....planning's half the fun - I'm looking forward to 2020 but not sure which Camino I will walk...thinking via Francigena if not too ambitious

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi everyone ... my profile details remind me that I first joined this forum in 2011, and yet here I am making my first post, 8 years later - talk about a slow start!! I live in south-west Western Australia, right down in the bottom corner of the state, a long way from anywhere. I walked the Camino Frances in 2015 and published a book about the experience, the Portuguese Camino (coastal route) last year (2018) and am planning to walk the Via de la Plata in 2021. My old brain continues to struggle to learn to speak Spanish, but it's mostly fun trying. I'll try not to wait another 8 years before making my next post!! Ultreia!
Were you at last years AFL grannie? Great game and you just snuck in. Go Pies. Cheers from South Aus.

Welcome at last to the forum Paul.....nice to see you here. Susan (Australian Pilgrims on the Camino and Beyond).

Most read last week in this forum

Can anyone tell me where I can purchase a Vodafone sim card in SJPD or any other town . I start in SJPD I prefer to have a sim rather then a esim
Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hi we are walking from Puebla De Sanabria to Terroso tomorrow and given the downpours we have had today, I wondered if anyone had any updates???
I have been planning my upcoming Camino using the Wise Pilgrim Frances app. Unfortunately, it has stalled at Burgos and will not give me any information beyond that city. I have tried...
Hello fellow peregrines, I’m Davide , a 30,yrs old Italian guy from Barcelona ! I was always fascinated by the Camino de Santiago and my eyes got lucent when a day to the pueblo español I saw...
Hello peregrinos, we are Sara and Giuseppe, a Italian couple, we lost today a sleeping bag, in the way, from Pamplona to Puente De la Reina, anyone has found it? Let us know please.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.